Arkon SM429-SBH Mega Grip Air Vent Mount Reviewt

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I just received this in the mail today. I bought it on Amazon.com for $13.95. It was simple and self explanatory to put together. I didn't have any trouble attaching it to my air vent. The phone fit with no problem at all and should hold the Droid X. I can measure the possible max width and edit this post later. The mount stays attached when the phone is in it. There is plenty of room to have the car charger plugged into the phone at the same time. I can also take pics later if anyone wants to see it.

Any other questions about it, feel free to ask.

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay....after driving today, I couldn't get it to stay attached for more than 5 minutes. It kept falling down. The two "hooks" where it attaches to the vent doesn't hold very tightly. I decided to just lay the mount on my center console tray so that the phone stays upright. This is actually a better idea for me since when I had it on the vent, it was hard to read due to the glare from the sun.

I tried all the available vents and the same thing happened.

I will still take some pics though both on the vent and how I have it on the center console.

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of room to plug the charger in while its in the dock.
28wphjk.jpg

Volume button and Camera button accessible.
b80ioh.jpg

358ta13.jpg

21osaqp.jpg

mubrxw.jpg

13yl37c.jpg

I have it set on the pins that attach to the vent to hold it in place.
2nqglef.jpg

358oyuo.jpg

Edit: With the charger and 3mm jack plugged into the phone at the same time while its on the mount, it gets cluttered there and is hard to stay in the area that I have it in.

Last edited:

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can mount the Arkon on my vent to keep it from falling off? The weight of the phone is whats causing it to fall off the vent.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
if you attached some sort of upward facing hook to the Arkon vent attachments they would grab the higher vents and use them as a supports to counteract the moment arm of the Droid 2's weight. That will only prevent the rig from bouncing out on bumps though. if it is struggling with turns and bouncing as well i'll come up with a different solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci