phone numbers don't show up when viewing contact info

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know why for some contact entries it never shows their phone numbers but for others it does? For the ones where you can't see their numbers, you have to press 'menu', then 'edit info' just to see their phone numbers. I know there's gotta be a pattern I'm not seeing but I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.

TotalTech2020

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The contacts with Facebook links do that on mine also. Just for grins I deleted my Facebook account on my d2 and rebooted. All contact numbers came up fine. When I added Facebook back. Numbers have a long delay before showing.

Kafadrian

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
bump

Bumping this...
Granted I've only spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, it's a little rediculous that incorporating facebook into your contact list breaks it. And it's odd that only some peoples' contact information breaks. For my friend Adam for example it shows his phone number, yet my friend Dane it does not. Neither one have their numbers listed on facebook.

It's exceedingly frustrating that when someone asks me for a number of a person I have to start sending them a txt to get their number to pop up and can't just look at the contact list.

It makes me want to rage quit life.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
it wont let me remove my Facebook account. Everytime I go into My accounts and try to remove it, it comes up with an error. Even tried the "airplane mode" trick and that didn't work either.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I was able to remove it. I've decided it's better to have access to their numbers and be able to press the phone icon or msg icon rather than having their numbers blocked by their fb status.

Oh, speaking of which, I figured out the pattern. If they have an fb status it blocks their number. If they don't you can view their number. Stupid bug needs to be fixed. The deep integration of fb is one of the reasons why I love droid over iPhone but if it blocks basic functions of a cell phone then I have to sacrifice that feature. So sad :-(

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i just cant seem to get it to remove. it keeps erroring out. removed the FB app, rebooted, tried battery pull, even tried the "airplane mode trick". Still no go. I just keep getting the same error.

Looks like I'll be doing a factory reset.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The great thing about not having your facebook synced to your contacts (other than being able to press the phone or messaging icons) is that it saves on your battery life!

It makes sense since it's constantly downloading their status updates.

Plus, you don't have every single one of your facebook friends in your contact list.

mikebluv

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues. If a contact is synced with facebook can see its phone numbers unless I press edited. But found a fix if u look for contact in dialer then press the green phone icon all the number for the contact show up.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issues. If a contact is synced with facebook can see its phone numbers unless I press edited. But found a fix if u look for contact in dialer then press the green phone icon all the number for the contact show up.

This is more of a workaround rather than a fix.

Good to know that it works the correct way on the DX. Hopefully, an update gets released soon to address this although I can't believe it's been out since August 12th and no update has been released to address this already.