Anyone know why for some contact entries it never shows their phone numbers but for others it does? For the ones where you can't see their numbers, you have to press 'menu', then 'edit info' just to see their phone numbers. I know there's gotta be a pattern I'm not seeing but I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.
    09-20-2010 08:22 PM
    I've noticed that sometimes contacts that I have linked to facebook profiles will not show phone numbers.
    09-20-2010 10:34 PM
    The contacts with Facebook links do that on mine also. Just for grins I deleted my Facebook account on my d2 and rebooted. All contact numbers came up fine. When I added Facebook back. Numbers have a long delay before showing.
    09-21-2010 10:10 AM
    if you're trying to text message them, make sure the number is set for mobile. otherwise it may not appear in the list.
    09-21-2010 12:25 PM
    Bumping this...
    Granted I've only spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out, it's a little rediculous that incorporating facebook into your contact list breaks it. And it's odd that only some peoples' contact information breaks. For my friend Adam for example it shows his phone number, yet my friend Dane it does not. Neither one have their numbers listed on facebook.

It's exceedingly frustrating that when someone asks me for a number of a person I have to start sending them a txt to get their number to pop up and can't just look at the contact list.

It makes me want to rage quit life.
    09-28-2010 12:40 PM
    it wont let me remove my Facebook account. Everytime I go into My accounts and try to remove it, it comes up with an error. Even tried the "airplane mode" trick and that didn't work either.
    09-28-2010 04:51 PM
    I was able to remove it. I've decided it's better to have access to their numbers and be able to press the phone icon or msg icon rather than having their numbers blocked by their fb status.

Oh, speaking of which, I figured out the pattern. If they have an fb status it blocks their number. If they don't you can view their number. Stupid bug needs to be fixed. The deep integration of fb is one of the reasons why I love droid over iPhone but if it blocks basic functions of a cell phone then I have to sacrifice that feature. So sad :-(
    09-29-2010 09:40 AM
    i just cant seem to get it to remove. it keeps erroring out. removed the FB app, rebooted, tried battery pull, even tried the "airplane mode trick". Still no go. I just keep getting the same error.

Looks like I'll be doing a factory reset.
    09-30-2010 08:47 AM
    same issue here. Came from D1 where contact management was much better... I dont know why they did it like this.
    10-12-2010 07:48 PM
    The great thing about not having your facebook synced to your contacts (other than being able to press the phone or messaging icons) is that it saves on your battery life!

It makes sense since it's constantly downloading their status updates.

Plus, you don't have every single one of your facebook friends in your contact list.
    10-14-2010 04:53 PM
    those are both settings you can adjust with your facebook synced. Its just the contact #s that is a problem.
    10-14-2010 07:35 PM
    Having the same issues. If a contact is synced with facebook can see its phone numbers unless I press edited. But found a fix if u look for contact in dialer then press the green phone icon all the number for the contact show up.
    10-21-2010 10:44 PM
    Same problem on my wife's D2.. It is perfect and how it should be on my DX.. They need to get this fixed because it is annoying as hell.......
    10-22-2010 09:49 AM
    Having the same issues. If a contact is synced with facebook can see its phone numbers unless I press edited. But found a fix if u look for contact in dialer then press the green phone icon all the number for the contact show up.
    This is more of a workaround rather than a fix.

Good to know that it works the correct way on the DX. Hopefully, an update gets released soon to address this although I can't believe it's been out since August 12th and no update has been released to address this already.
    10-25-2010 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD