plugging in USB cable to computer results in blue screen of death

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have had a D1 since Nov 09 and I just got a D2 for my wife today. My D1 connects to the computer just fine but when I try to plug in the D2, the computer gets the blue screen of death and locks up. Has anyone seen this? Is there a new version of MotoConnect for the D2?

Thanks,

Mike

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No one else with this problem? c'mon people. ...

Have you tried new drivers .perhaps shut off plug&play on your comp. Remove connect altogether. Put your phone in debugging mode connect let it install its drivers?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This should fix all your problems :)
Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu

More seriously, it may help to know what version of Windows you're using, whether you have the latest drivers installed, what USB mode you're in, etc. As a start, uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones. Apparently there's also a way to configure the driver not to open up a VZW website when you connect the phone, you may want to check that out in case that's what's causing the issue.

Personally I never find the need to install these drivers, I only connect in mass storage mode and even then it's once in a blue moon.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I did install the latest motoconnect and same thing. I'll try removing connect all together and see if that works. This is on an XP machine, btw .. Thanks!

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Personally I never find the need to install these drivers, I only connect in mass storage mode and even then it's once in a blue moon.

Normally, I don't either but I believe I initially installed them to get ADB working when I was rooting my Droid a year ago ..

I'll try these things and report back. Thanks for the suggestions!

amber tucker

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah mine just did that today when i created the folder on my phone . My computer is not even a year old. With blue screen i always use my phone no problems. Im on tmobile samsung t989 they have semi problems. Im scannin my computer now just in case but still blue screen shouldnt be up over my phone ... im mad !!!!:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty