Video Playback is Garbage

kodiakfjk

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have so had it with the piece of garbage. A downloaded 3gp or mp4 can't be played by anything. the stock player can't even open the 3gp and the mp4 can be started after many attempts and you get the "file cannot be played" box open with the video in the background. Hit the "ok" and video closes.

Rock player will play the 3gp but is so choppy it is not even worth watching. What an overhyped piece of garbage, the droid2. Forget Youtube, freeze after 30 seconds everytime. This is nothing but a phone, multimedia hype is just that. The worst phone I have ever had. Not works, battery pull, forget it.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I play my mp4 and avi videos just fine, absolutely no problems.
Not sure if I've tried 3gp. I know my girlfriend's Incredible won't play 3gp but I renamed them to mp4 and they worked fine.

You also have to make sure your mp4 videos are named mp4 not MP4.

The_Omega_Man

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem from time to time. It usually only the occurs when I have poor signal quality on wifi.

I have no problem playing YouTube video at all. mp4s are hit or miss depending upon the source. 3gps play fine depending upon the source as well.

I would recommend a factory reset an test again before you reload all of your apps back onto the phone.

Good luck!
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droidmike

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no problems running either 3gp or mp4's with the stock player here. I can run them without a hitch regardless of the source.
Youtube videos also run fine on WIFI even while using the HD feature.
Maybe it's a device thing because my D2 is a fine multi-media device.