Should I upgrade my Droid to a Droid 2?

cwe640

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless says I can upgrade at a "discounted price" on November 1st. Is it worth upgrading from my Droid to a Droid 2 (knowing I would have to pay some to do it)?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
it really comes down to personal preference and toleration. after reading alot of posts from droid 2 users, im not really sold that it is as good as it is being made out to be. don't get me wrong, the droid 2 is a great phone but nothing groundbreaking. do you think you could tolerate your droid a little longer and wait to see what else is coming out? maybe you will like the droid incredible hd. if you really like the droid 2 then i would go for it but if you are still not sure then i would hold off a bit.

personally i would wait till at least november is over. see what other options you might have to choose from. thats just me though. good luck with whatever you decide to choose man. i hope you like it.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Why waste $ and an upgrade? Get the next thing that rolls out, maybe an X for the HDMI. I was tired of my Blackberry and couldn't wait.

G

GenericMessage

I'd say wait.

The new phones hitting this holiday season (as in NOW) are going to blow all the current phones Verizon has out of the water.

The Incredible HD? The Lexicon? Something else? Who knows.

But the D2 isn't enough of an upgrade from the Droid to actually spend money on it. Only reason I have one is because I get them for free without contract extensions.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I just got a Droid 2 and came from a Droid. I must say the user experience is WAY different. I love the Droid 2 and all the Motorola widgets it includes.

Of course this will come down to personal preference, there are a lot of choices available in the Android world now, and each will be great for a different person.

I would not say it is a waste at all, you could probably sell your original Droid for as much as the Droid 2 would cost you, and you can upgrade again next year. The Droid 2 has great specs and offers a great user experience IMHO.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This was from a couple of weeks ago, he may have already made a move by now. Theres no question its a much better than device than the original, BUT

if you haven't made a move yet, then don't. Wait a few more weeks so you can choose from the Global version, Merge, and the Verizon version of the Desire HD(an improved EVO)

cwe640

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
This was from a couple of weeks ago, he may have already made a move by now. Theres no question its a much better than device than the original, BUT

if you haven't made a move yet, then don't. Wait a few more weeks so you can choose from the Global version, Merge, and the Verizon version of the Desire HD(an improved EVO)

I haven't made a move yet, but thank you for the great advice. :cool: