11-11-2010 09:28 AM
99 1234
tools
    from droid life:
    Updated Your DROID 2? DO NOT USE THE CURRENT SBF! (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

if this needs to be deleted then sorry but figured it might be important..

Again, if you updated your Droid 2 to build 2.3.20, DO NOT USE THE CURRENT SBF FILE that’s available. It will essentially “brick” your phone.

Update: Sorry if I wasn’t specific enough at first, was trying to just get this out to the masses as the update is becoming more and more available. An SBF file is basically the file used by VZW techs to wipe your phone completely and reinstall a clean OS. There is a Droid 2 2.2 SBF floating around in the wild right now, but if you update your phone with the new update, this SBF will not work and if you try to use it, could end up with a bricked phone. This only affects ROOTED USERS as they are the ones tinkering with their phones. For the average user, ignore this post.
    10-28-2010 11:33 PM
    I pulled the update down last night.
    Had to SBF back to factory, and then still didn't get the prompt. Found some other threads where people posted the update and I manually applied it.

I can say the phone does feel more fluid now, and battery life is great! I've had already two 10-15 minute phone calls, pulled down data, had a live wallpaper running, skype running, wifi enabled, etc, and I'm only down to 80%....thats from unplugging it around 6am this morning!

I can't wait to see how an extended battery will fare, but whatever Moto/verizon did...KUDOS on an excellent release!
    10-29-2010 12:20 PM
    My Droid World has a rooted, and deodexed version of 2.3.20, as well as the new SBF saftey net on their site. It would be nice if they weren't so insistent on hoarding click-thrus by using a free uploading site. Guess they would rather have their server slammed.

Anyway, here is the link: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

I have about 20 minutes left on my current download
    10-29-2010 01:13 PM
    I downloaded it last night loaded it in the morning. I'm going to Have to run this for a few days to report on battery life. my phone was good for about 3 hours this am then I let my son play a game for 30 mins looked at my phone and it was down to 30% have to keep an eye out but that app has never drained my battery like that
    10-29-2010 02:58 PM
    So this is not Ginger Bread?!

Sent from my DROIDX
    10-29-2010 03:11 PM
    So this is not Ginger Bread?!

Sent from my DROIDX
    Trust me, when Gingerbread is available you will know
    10-29-2010 03:31 PM
    Ok, so does it overwrite your theme? Because if the them is still in place, then getting root back shouldn't be too difficult
    10-29-2010 05:22 PM
    I loaded the same one as you pre rooted in still have root and overclock no theme because I wiped my system
    edit
    my bad you were talking to someone else
    10-29-2010 08:55 PM
    No its cool, I was talking to anyone who bothered flashing. I have the file, I just haven't had the patience to sit and flash it, because I know I'm gonna want to immediately start hacking the file the framework to retain the look of my phone I worked so hard to get. My current theme is the combination of like 4 put together.
    10-29-2010 09:33 PM
    The only thing I really see different is wifi handoff everthing else is meh
    edit
    battery life really took a hit in an hour and a half with my phone idling my battery went from 70% to 30% that's just crazy ill give it another day but battery life isn't the strong suit of this phone
    10-29-2010 11:08 PM
    That's abnormal. I've seen my phone sit at 90% for about 8 hours. (went to sleep at 90, woke up the next morning still at 90)
    10-30-2010 09:38 AM
    My brother got the update but I am still waiting on it.. he got it friday at midnight... hmm weird that I don't got it yet..
    10-30-2010 02:28 PM
    so as a rooted user what am i supposed to be doing here? cant find a consistent answer anywhere... if i take this update can i root the phone on 2.3 yet?
    10-30-2010 09:43 PM
    Has this update crashed anyone else's battery manager? I can open the manager, but when I go to usage statistics, it get a force close (processes com.android.settings) every time.

Anyone else?
    10-31-2010 11:08 AM
    I've seen that happen before and I haven't updated yet.
    10-31-2010 03:52 PM
    Has this update crashed anyone else's battery manager? I can open the manager, but when I go to usage statistics, it get a force close (processes com.android.settings) every time.

Anyone else?

Mine actually did that before =/
    10-31-2010 10:37 PM
    Has anyone in the New York/New Jersey area gotten this update? Supposedly started rolling out the 28th and it's four days later and my phone still says no update is available. Been wanting that improved battery life

On another note, I got the battery life to last dramatically longer by using the Power Control Widget to shut off background data sync. I don't use push email I check it manually and I don't do live social networking updates and all that stuff so I only need to turn it on for two things - for the android market and to use my instant messenger client.

Quite a significant increase in battery life.

Rev.
    11-01-2010 10:11 AM
    I have not seen the update on my phone either, Ohio.
    11-01-2010 10:18 AM
    Hmm, kinda makes me wonder if they roll these updates out to smaller cities first to see if all goes well before they hit the big cities with much larger populaces. Just speculation of course but it would make some sense.

Rev.
    11-01-2010 10:26 AM
    Hmm, kinda makes me wonder if they roll these updates out to smaller cities first to see if all goes well before they hit the big cities with much larger populaces. Just speculation of course but it would make some sense.

Rev.
    Atlanta here...got mine the first day.
    11-01-2010 12:22 PM
    Still nothing in Central Ohio. I guess that shoots down the "smaller city" notion. :-)
    11-01-2010 12:26 PM
    Atlanta here...got mine the first day.
    Funny thing about that, I had a long layover in Atlanta last Wednesday and checked several times for updates, but got nothing. I'm wondering if they target by phone number rather than location?
    11-01-2010 12:27 PM
    Washington State here...still no update...my roommate hasnt even gotten his yet either and he has a droid 2 as well.
    11-01-2010 12:27 PM
    LOL, I know the guys who do the Podcast would love to chime in on their feelings about people doing location roll calls for updates.
    11-01-2010 12:47 PM
    I have not received the updated either. Lancaster Pa.
    11-01-2010 06:45 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD