Time to upgrade?

dietlbomb

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid 2 that I use mainly for telephone calls, surfing the web, and scanning Twitter. In the past 6 months or so, I have noticed these apps are starting to run slower and slower. The phone freezes more frequently now. It takes longer than it used to to switch between apps. Sometimes it will take more than a minute from when I hit the dial button for the phone to actually start to dial.

Is it more likely that the phone has accumulated too much cruft or that the newer versions of the apps I use are too intense for this 3 year old phone?

If I choose to upgrade to a newer phone, could someone recommend a phone that doesn't cost very much (perhaps around $100) but provides enough of a jump in performance to handle today's software? I don't need a phone with a keyboard, I think.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Doing a factory reset once or twice a year, will help.
I would try that first

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

dietlbomb

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I was reading about the factory reset. I backed up all the data from the phone onto my pc, but will the factory reset delete my Verizon account from the phone? Will I be able to reactivate it at home? I don't want to be left without the ability to make phone calls.

sd_shadow

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Phone will need to make a short reconnect call, it says activating, but you just need to press 1, if prompted, don't talk to anyone, no codes to enter

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

dietlbomb

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, I reset the phone, and it seems to be working as well as before. So it wasn't a catastrophe.

I'll give it some time to see how well it works.

Thanks again.

bens42608

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Is your D2 rooted? Overclocking can drastically improve performance especially when combined with a lightweight ROM.

Edit: damn I just realized how old this thread is that I replied to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01