signal issues???

elkido122

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Lately my phone has been switching between 1x and 3g Alot... does not seem usual if u ask me.. and its even seeming to make my phone slow down when in 1x mode not only while browsing but even opening apps.. so what shall I do... I def live in a 3g area no doubt.. thanks

elkido122

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
It only seems to be bad at my house or more specifically my area.. which it shouldn't be... if I go a couple blocks down the road I get full 3g all the time... at my house my speeds are 200k at couple blocks down its 1meg usually... my old LG ally got 1meg at my house and this phone doesn't hmmm. Weird

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe trying checking the signal with one of these apps (2 & 3 look to be useful):

5 Android Apps to Check Signal Strength (3G, GSM, Wifi) on Android Phone | Gadgets DNA

You may be getting some interference in your area, and it might be new if you didn't have the problem before. Maybe Verizon has a problem with one of the towers and it needs repair/upgrade or something. Really hard to tell but if it only happens in one location it's probably not the phone.

Rev.

elkido122

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Those apps tell me my location has 3g coverage and actual all of the city I live in does... what is causing it to have such low 3g bars and bump into 1x mode?? Doesn't seem usual

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Again, maybe some form of interference. Or maybe the phone is bad. Any way you can get it switched out?

Rev.

elkido122

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I could I suppose. If I was completely convinced it was the phone.. is there anyway it could be a tower issue and could be looked at?? Thanks

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
Call customer service and report the signal issues. It could be a problem on the tower. They might also remove your phone from the system and redo the setup onto the system so that there is no glitches on the network. Another thing to try is do a* 228 then option 2 to update the PRL (preferred roaming list) to update the tower database in the phone. At times the phone needs to have that list updated to reset the home towers which could possibly cause signal fade and drop to 1X. If nothing else works ask for a replacement phone. Good luck with the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995