Problem with my droid 2

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been really enjoying my droid 2. It is my first android phone. However, over the past couple days a problem has come up. Typically I get great battery life. When I don't use the phone much I can get 24 hours of life out of a charge and when I use the phone often I get 12 to 14 hours. For some reason the past couple days I have been getting terrible battery life. I have been using it lightly but right now I'm at 40% and the phone has only been on for 4 hours. Yesterday when I was using it more often it was even worse. I looked at the battery manager but everything looks the same as it was before. If anyone has an idea what might be going on please help.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
try going into the settings and go into applications. check if there are any applications running that do not need to be.

also is your gps and wifi off when not in use?

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I do go into settings and turn off apps that I don't need running. I did not have wifi on at any time today. My GPS is set to only turn on when it is needed.

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Also I use watchdog and while I have had this problem I have only had 2 warnings. Winamp went to about 40% and I stopped it. The browser went to 80% but 5 seconds later I checked how much processing power it was using and it was below 1%.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Try reducing screen brightness, change your screen time out settings to a lower number, turn off wifi - bluetooth - etc when not in use.

Some times batteries just go bad, and if the battery life continues like that contact Verizon to have the battery replaced under warranty.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
are you running v2.3.20?

UPDATE if your willling, you could root your phone, get JRummy's overclock app and underclock to 800MHZ and ultra low volt it. this will take you from 12-14 hours of use to about 24-30 hours. everyone results varry a little bit, but my D2 seems to last forever.

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that I used to be getting better battery life and now I am not. I haven't changed any settings. I keep my phone at the lowest brightness inside and only turn it up when I need to outside. I have another problem to add. I just received the droid 2 update and now when I go into battery manager and touch the press for usage statistics button I get an error and have to force close.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That issue has been reported by a number of people. I tested it on my phone and I never have any force close errors when accessing the usage statistics. Why not try a factory reset? Might help with your issue.

Rev.

thejke

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I started uninstalling apps that I installed recently. My phone seems to be back to normal. I might try installing the apps one at a time and see what happens to the battery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX