Hello I am a new android user just making the switch from BB for the global. I am trying to set up Google voice mail. I installed the apparently but when I go into the settings to set my voicemail to Google voice it switches back to Verizon instantly. Am I not doing something right or has Verizon set it up so we can't use the Google voicemail app.
    11-19-2010 09:41 AM
    try settting up google voice voicemail through the voice application.
    11-19-2010 04:14 PM
    I tried to launch the application but it wont launch. when I click the icon, the screen goes to the home screen. Is any one else using a global having this problem? Maybe verizon disabled the voice app for the global? I tried again and when I try to tell the settings to use google voice it just shows carrier instead.
    11-19-2010 09:52 PM
    May be a silly question, but have you rebooted the phone and retried launching Google Voice? Could be a hung process or something.

Rev.
    11-19-2010 10:34 PM
    May be a silly question, but have you rebooted the phone and retried launching Google Voice? Could be a hung process or something.

Rev.
    I had the same problem, rebooted, and then it worked.
    11-21-2010 06:29 AM
    actually yea, I figured it out. It was a hun process but I did not have to reboot. was digging around in the task manager and found google voice was actually running. forced a close, and went to re open it, it opened properly this time and finished the install. then the phone let me change the settings.
    11-21-2010 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD