How to limit contacts showing ?

anon(95062)

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

On my old Droid1, the "Contacts" section of my Phone app was setup to show only the contacts in the "My Contacts" group in my Google Contacts. On the Droid2, it seems to be showing all contacts in my Google Contacts that have phone numbers. Is there a way to get the Droid2 to only show contacts from My Contacts ?

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

On my old Droid1, the "Contacts" section of my Phone app was setup to show only the contacts in the "My Contacts" group in my Google Contacts. On the Droid2, it seems to be showing all contacts in my Google Contacts that have phone numbers. Is there a way to get the Droid2 to only show contacts from My Contacts ?

This annoys me as well.

I change it to show certain contacts, but then it randomly seems to pop back in to the all contacts view.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Go to contacts> display settings> choose your account> then select which groups you want to see.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

_alphaBeta_

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 2 does not currently have the ability to distinguish google contacts into the same contact groups they're in online. There is no way to select which groups you want to sync. In conclusion, all your google contacts will sync to the phone and be shown in one massive list whether you like it or not.

The droid 1 had this ability.

This is a major gripe I have with this phone. If I have my google contacts organized into groups online, why wouldn't you want that on your phone? Ridiculous.

All of this refers to the stock contacts programs on the phones. There may be some apps that have this functionality.

lwirtjes

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my wife the D2 for her birthday, and was messing with it.

It will as mentioned sync "all" acct contact, BUT you can select which contact to show.

Open the contacts window, then the menu button.
I believe its "show groups", then select the group you want to show in your contact view, ie phone contacts.

I don't have her phone in front of me, but I can check it when I get home.

hope that helps

_alphaBeta_

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Open the contacts window, then the menu button.
I believe its "show groups", then select the group you want to show in your contact view, ie phone contacts.

We're talking about distinguishing the various groups of the google contacts as they appear in Gmail. While you can choose to not show the "phone contacts," that's not what we're talking about.

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have found not adding facebook under accounts is the best workaround for me here.

It was really facebook contacts that were the problem for me as fas as polluting my contacts list.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21