Question about signal bars/dbms

gumshoe351#AC

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
This is not a thread to complain about signal strength because in the 5 days I have had my D2 it has been great. In fact much better and steadier than the BB that I gave up. My question surrounds the dbms shown in settings-about phone. I am used to bb showing a range of -80 to -110 but with this phone I have seen as low as -74 and nothing out of the- 80s. Is this the norm, which would mean the droid is kicking the bbs hind parts in maintaining a steady signal or are the numbers simply relative and no comparison can be made between the two? I always thought that cdma never displayed anything less than -80 dbms

cousin_john

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't read to much into the gas gauge. -110dBm is (or below) the receiver noise floor and both phones should work down to levels well below -100dBm. -74 is a solid signal and you're near a base station where both phones would read about the same assuming the antenna is decent. The gas gauges behave different in different phones.

If you haven't seen a number lower than -80, you've spent 5 days under a base station antenna or the D2 gauge is broken. You have to know more information to make any real comparisons.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Let's just go with the Droid 2 is way better than BB statement. Not to mention the Droid 2 is the least reported failure/defect/return rate smartphone verizon has. So you can bet the antennas are pretty awesome.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12