12-03-2010 09:52 PM
    I've noticed that my R2-D2 can get quite hot at the top of the phone during heavy 3-G use. The battery doesn't get hot, but right there where it broke, sure seems to heat up quickly.
    12-08-2010 12:24 AM
    See this is exactly why i use Bluetooth headsets, never know what putting the phone up to your head is doing or can do
    12-08-2010 05:54 AM
    See this is exactly why i use Bluetooth headsets, never know what putting the phone up to your head is doing or can do
    So it exploding in your pants next to your family jewels is a better alternative?
    12-08-2010 06:52 AM
    That's such a load of horsecrap. That much blood?? And the phone still works? Pure BS. And of course they say he's considering suing. Nothing in these phones really have any explosive potential other than a battery swell and leak. Something would have to be behind the glass and quickly and forcefully push outward. This guy even looks like he's lying.

Rev.
    12-08-2010 05:18 PM
    That's such a load of horsecrap. That much blood?? And the phone still works? Pure BS. And of course they say he's considering suing. Nothing in these phones really have any explosive potential other than a battery swell and leak. Something would have to be behind the glass and quickly and forcefully push outward. This guy even looks like he's lying.

Rev.
    http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/W...4v6ZVeJ.medium

Lots of diodes, transistors, and a double stack of DDR/TI processor, any of which could have caused this. I've seen much more damage than this caused by less components.

He still could be lying of course, but it's entirely possible that it happened the way he said it did.
    12-08-2010 05:36 PM
    Pics of it happening or it didn't happen.
    12-08-2010 05:40 PM
    So it exploding in your pants next to your family jewels is a better alternative?
    my phone is either in my jacket or laying out in front of me somewhere. but if i were one to keep it in my pants , i see your point lol
    12-08-2010 06:13 PM
    Lots of diodes, transistors, and a double stack of DDR/TI processor, any of which could have caused di.
    I'm an IT Tech for a living and have worked in the legal field professionally for over 11 years, but have been a tech many many years before that. Those components do not show any capability for explosive nature. Diodes typically bubble and swell. They don't typically explode and if they do pop it's usually with a very minimal amount of force, nowhere near enough to break gorilla glass. Same with processors. Most of these components overheat and either melt or swell. I still say it's rather questionable for anything like this to draw blood.... especially that much.

Rev.
    12-08-2010 08:52 PM
    He got the phone from Clyde Shelton....
    12-09-2010 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD