So I've read all over the internet about the screen saver for the MMD, but I can't get it on mine. Anyone know if they disabled this function on the D2G? I actually want it (as opposed to everyone else).

Thanks,
    Kom22
    12-06-2010 12:22 AM
    do you have a multimedia dock or a magnet around your house? the only way to open the dock app is for a magnet to trigger the dock mode. magnets put it in both multimedia and car dock modes. so you'll have to make sure you put the magnet in the same spot.
    12-06-2010 08:05 AM
    I have the Dock, and it puts on the dock homescreen. The difference with mine versus what I've read online is that mine never goes to the screensaver (which I'd actually prefer). Any ideas/thoughts?

Kom22
    12-06-2010 12:57 PM
    Mine does not go to a screen saver either, but I turn down the brightness with the switch that is on the screen in dock mode. I also use my dock not only to charge the battery but it is my nightstand clock. So why would I want to have a screensaver?
    12-06-2010 01:28 PM
    the motorola dock doesn't have a screensaver like the Stock Froyo dock that i know of. that is the reason i downloaded the stock clock app onto my droid2. i didn't want to have my screen on all night doing the same thing. Our screens should be able to burn in, but its just common practice for me.
    12-06-2010 01:40 PM
    the motorola dock doesn't have a screensaver like the Stock Froyo dock that i know of. that is the reason i downloaded the stock clock app onto my droid2. i didn't want to have my screen on all night doing the same thing. Our screens should be able to burn in, but its just common practice for me.
    Yea. That is exactly my thinking as well. I like the dim screen, but once I fall asleep, I don't need it on all night. And I don't want to chance screen burn in even though people say its not going to happen. I guess I'll just hit the screen off button once I go to bed, but it would be nice if it had like an auto-off at an hour feature or something.
    12-06-2010 02:41 PM
    Motorola software engineers don't think that far into there work.
    12-07-2010 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD