Why has the Droid 2 and the Droid Pro been pulled from the shelves and are no longer for sale? Anyone know? Verixon rep only said they "can't talk about it".
    12-16-2010 08:29 PM
    Verizon should still have them, it looks like it's only Best Buy that's pulling them.
    12-16-2010 09:25 PM
    its still on their site:-/
    12-16-2010 09:27 PM
    I doubt it...especially the Droid pro since it was just released. It's usually if they're making room for new devices but the pro just came out.
    12-16-2010 09:28 PM
    article on BGR about it. looks like verizon has instituted it for some reason.
    12-16-2010 11:47 PM
    Well that's bullcrap I can understand verizon would be mad with the low prices but who cares they make their money off the service not the phone. But oh well I don't want either of the phones anyway. On a side note how can amazon and others sell the phones for so little and verizon not care
    12-17-2010 01:32 AM
    It's not cause the news article about the guy with the cut ear, he did that himself. It's most certainly a pricing thing cause it's only BestBuy. When I got my D2 BestBuy was the only place that had it for $199 flat (meaning no need to mail in a rebate). Verizon and everywhere else were running a $299 price with a mail in rebate for a $100 debit card. I didn't want to bother with that so bought from BestBuy.

Then they announced the Global and the D2 price dropped to $99 so I went back and got $100 added back to my credit card - sweeeet

Rev.
    12-17-2010 09:28 AM
    I don't understand why the two phones were pulled, but it is too bad because they are two really strong devices.
    12-17-2010 11:22 PM
    I am thinking That it has to do with software The d 2 And the droid global Are both having problems Switching from gsm To cdma And vice versa From what I understand. They are probably pulling does So that customers don't get 1 That has problems Only to return it. They will probably Restock with updated Phones when they get them in stock. Verizon Might actually be you looking out For the customer On this but does not want to announce that the phone has a software problem because that will lead to bad p r.
    12-18-2010 04:11 PM
    Verizon Might actually be you looking out For the customer On this but does not want to announce that the phone has a software problem because that will lead to bad p r.
    Then why is this only confined to BestBuy stores? From what I recall reading here only BestBuy pulled the devices.

Rev.
    12-18-2010 04:51 PM
    The updated devices would hit the corporate stores before it will hit the certified dealers would be my guess. I know that when the Droid Incredible was on back order this past summer the corperate store had it in stock before any of the certified dealers did including Best Buy. This might have only been a local anomaly but that was the gist of what I got from talking to a Best Buy employee about it over the summer.
    12-18-2010 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD