Problems sending picture MMS (Droid 2 Global)

phantasmah

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, my wife and I are both brand new Droid 2 Global owners, switched from AT&T just a week ago. I love my new phone so far, battery life issues aside.

However, I'm having occasional problems sending picture MMS's to my wife's D2G. Here's what happens: I'll attempt to send her a photo I took with the camera (the native messaging app reduces the photos first before applying them to the MMS). I hit send, and a minute later I get the following error message, resulting in the MMS failing to send:

"National access coverage not available."

The kicker is, this problem is not persistent. It's happened twice to me so far, and both times the problem somehow "fixed" itself after several minutes and allowed me to send her the photo again for no apparent reason. The error message sounds like I just don't have a strong enough signal at the time, but in both cases I was standing in the same general area in my house when it both failed and started working again (I live in northeast NJ, if that helps).

Also, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on my wife's D2G yet, but then again, it does not always do this on my own phone either. So I cannot tell if the problem is with the phone itself, or Verizon's cell signal.

Have any other Droid 2 / Droid 2 Global owners here experienced this problem? Any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!