Since I got my Droid 2 Global 2 weeks ago I've been tested out the extended battery I also purchased from Verizon. What can I say but damn good battery... it goes 20 hours easily with heavy use and 25+ with moderate. If you have a OG Droid, Droid 2 or D2G make this purchase for yourself pronto!!!
    BrianTX likes this.
    12-20-2010 09:58 AM
    Would you mind posting a photo or two of your D2G with the extended battery installed? I was looking at them online but the stock photos of the battery make it look like it adds a lot of bulk to the handset. I was just curious how it actually looks/feels in reality..
    12-20-2010 11:50 AM
    I attached a picture from the web with a Droid 2 w/extended and without... the weight i honestly dont notice any difference and in person youll barely notice it
    phantasmah likes this.
    12-20-2010 11:58 AM
    I attached a picture from the web with a Droid 2 w/extended and without... the weight i honestly dont notice any difference and in person youll barely notice it
    Nice. Is that the 1860 mAh battery, then? I was looking at the 2800 mAh one that Seidio sells and it is HUGE:

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 2800 mAh Battery for Motorola Droid with Replacement Door (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    12-20-2010 12:03 PM
    Here is my story: I got mine a few weeks ago from Motorola, but they didn't give me the door.

I then ended up paying about $14 total to get the door.

It shows up finally on Friday and the legs are a bit bent.....I try to put them in place and finally it fits and slides in place. Only thing is that I tried to fit it on with out the battery in, and now the dang thing wont come of! The Battery door is stuck on my phone and with no battery inside I have essentially turned my phone in to a brick! Motorola is closed for the weekend too....

I took to a Verizon Store Saturday morning and they were able to get the door off for me....at least I have a working phone now. Motorola said they will send out a new battery door and ensure it is not damaged in transit this time and not to worry about sending the damaged one back.

So my question is, how much did you pay VZW for the batter and door? Also does the door slide on and off as easily as the standard battery door? Is there any tricks to it? The VZW guy said he has seen a lot of problems with the extended battery doors......
    12-20-2010 12:25 PM
    @phantasmah yes its the BP7X 1860 mAh battery which should be perfect for you if your looking into getting a extended battery.

@blaisedinsd I got the battery and door from Verizon for like $50 which to me is a good deal. Its actually a package, only thing is if you have a Droid 1 the doors that come with the battery is only blue so far that matches with the Droid 2. Honestly it is a little tough to ge tthe door off but its managable, I rather have a really secure door cover than a loose one though lol.
    12-20-2010 12:46 PM
    Do you know if the extended battery (and door) fits in the Motorola car dock? That would be a deal breaker for me. Thanks.
    12-20-2010 04:06 PM
    I got the Moto extended battery w/o a door. I had read that some people are using the phone with only the back of a Seidio Innocase and thus that is what I have been doing. Works just fine. Fits into the MM charger. And the battery temp is running in the 80's.
    12-20-2010 05:23 PM
    @danpeake i dont know for sure if it does or not, but the verizon clerk said it should fit the car and desk dock without any problems.

@ishore i guess if it works it works lol
    12-20-2010 05:34 PM
    I have the extended battery on my D2G and it fits in the multimedia dock with no problems. Do not have the car dock so can't say for sure.
    12-21-2010 03:49 AM
    I have the extended battery on my D2G and it fits in the multimedia dock with no problems. Do not have the car dock so can't say for sure.
    It does fit in the car dock as well.

Scott
    12-21-2010 06:50 AM
    niceee, i will be looking into getting a desk dock then!
    12-21-2010 08:38 AM
    Is thers a case that fits the G2 with the extended battery...thanks
    12-30-2010 04:04 PM
    thanks for all the info
    05-31-2011 03:38 PM
    what cases can fit the phone with the extended battery?
    05-31-2011 07:12 PM
    Wow, that is slim for an extended battery. I use two regular batteries on a daily basis because I despise large extended batteries, but this looks like one I just might have to buy :0
    05-31-2011 07:31 PM
    I think the regular Droid 2 case can fit with the extended battery, maybe a little snug but it should fit ok!
    06-01-2011 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD