I have Firekeys Unlimited installed to auto correct as I type, similar to autotext on the BlackBerry. Today, it just randomly stopped doing that. A reboot fixed it, but is it typical for apps and services to just randomly cease functioning? And I don't mean being closed either; I mean it is still loaded in the memory, it is just not actually working.
    01-01-2011 11:31 AM
    Never had that happen with UltraKeyboard, or with any other app on my phone for that matter. However, it is still a computer with software in it and this kind of thing does happen as a result all machines/phones/software/OS's etc are susceptible to it. Trust me, as an IT Tech I've seen crashes on every platform.

I had an iPhone for 2 years prior and it too did have some crashes, I've had the browser just disappear (crash - quiet force close) a number of times and have had it happen with other iPhone apps. Though it was rare it did indeed happen a few times.

If it happens again instead of rebooting the phone try a Force Close and relaunch it. That'll be quicker than waiting for a reboot. Though if it occurs again I would contact the developer and alert them to the bug.

Rev.
    01-02-2011 10:25 AM
    I'll try that if it happens again.
    01-02-2011 01:48 PM
    Both. It runs on Linux platform rather than Windows or MAC OS. It's programming language is JAVA.
    01-04-2011 11:25 AM
    you can just download the Android 2.3 Keyboard out of the market as a substitute. the Dev has all the bugs worked out.
    01-04-2011 02:55 PM
    It just happened again after installing FireKey's latest update. I did force stop and relaunch. This didn't help. I rebooted. This didn't help. I uninstalled/reinstalled. This didn't help either. I'm in the process of reinstalling it one more time before submitting a bug report.

A second reinstallation seems to have it working again. Damn these temperamental phones...
    01-04-2011 05:30 PM
    Tis not the phone, it's the programming. ;-)

Rev.
    01-04-2011 06:15 PM
    My style of programming is with a sledge hammer. :-)
    01-04-2011 06:16 PM