Can anyone confirm if an android phone, D2 in particular, be used to log into and post to the University of Phoenix online courses. I have an iphone 3gs (wifi only) and that is able to, but am interested in an android.
    01-07-2011 02:07 AM
    What is special about it that would stop an android from viewing it? I can't think of anything that would stop it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2011 02:16 AM
    I am not sure what makes the webpage different, but when I tried to log in with my BB Storm 1, it would not let me. I thought itd b a flash issue, but the iphone picked it up. I am glad to hear that there should be no problem as that is one of my wife's requirements if we are to upgrade our phones...
    thx DroidXcon
    01-07-2011 10:58 AM
    I used my D2 to log in to Blackboard which is a pretty common college site.

My suggestion would be to go into Verizon store and try it on one of their display models before buying, especially if that's a requirement. Honestly though I can't say it would be as good as it would be on a pc. Screen real estate and all...

Droid2 with Fission
    DroidXcon and el_ote like this.
    01-08-2011 03:38 AM
    I used my D2 to log in to Blackboard which is a pretty common college site.

My suggestion would be to go into Verizon store and try it on one of their display models before buying, especially if that's a requirement. Honestly though I can't say it would be as good as it would be on a pc. Screen real estate and all...

Droid2 with Fission
    good suggestion
    01-08-2011 03:40 AM
    Bens... Great idea, im nOt planning on it being main ly for school. Just need to post to discussion questions when out and about
    01-08-2011 11:44 AM
    I moved across the country and started new classes (three online) before I had net at home. D2 saved my life with blackboard, let me online first day of login to do first forum response. I still got dropped by one teacher, but he was just a pain. Otherwise, I've been happily surprised many times.

Hope it works with Phoenix. You might also try emailing their tech support and ask if the site has any problems with webkit browsers, such as Android (if it works on iPhone, it should work on android).

Droid2 with Fission
    el_ote likes this.
    01-09-2011 02:32 AM
    I'm going to the same college and I've been able to log into everything but from some reason I haven't been able to reply or post anything yet, but I'm going to figure it out and when I do I'll let you know
    el_ote likes this.
    01-09-2011 02:00 PM
    Sgt. So your saying that u can log into the website, but are not able to post the discussions questions. When we go into the verizon store, im definetly going to log in and see if i can post because that is a major requierment
    01-09-2011 02:24 PM
    Yes I can log into the site an view the questions but haven't been able to answer or reply to any of the questions. I was wondering the same thing you was about answering the DQ's on my phone
    01-09-2011 03:06 PM
    Hi, I'm a newbie with android, but I teach for UOPX. If you download the opera minin browser, you will be able to post to your classes just fine. I know that IT is working on an android app, but not sure how long it will take to finish it.

disclaimer -- a lot of classes use external website/companies to provide learning activities (e.g., the math classes use MyMathLab). I don't know how many of these will work on the phone yet. But at least you can keep up with discussion on the phone.
    BenSWoodruff likes this.
    03-17-2011 02:30 PM
    Just tried logging in using Opera Browser, and it worked! Log in and posting to DQ. now lets hope they get moving on that Android app!!!
    03-18-2011 12:32 AM
    Just tried logging in using Opera Browser, and it worked! Log in and posting to DQ. now lets hope they get moving on that Android app!!!
    The more IT help desk requests they get the faster they will work...
    03-24-2011 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD