Droid 2 Wifi Issues

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Is this happening with every Wi-Fi network, even open ones? I had an issue with my Wi-Fi when traveling because as it turned out when I set my home Wi-Fi up, which I have set to static IP, it then wouldn't grab an IP until I turned dynamic IP back on in the phone. It doesn't use separate profiles for static and dynamic for some odd reason so it had to be set to what I was connecting to.

Rev.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If its your home network you might want to try using Wep. When I first set up my phones wifi I used a Wpa secured connection and would get error messages like that. It would connect on and off and then I would eventually get the network error. Switched the router to a Wep connection and now I have no problems.

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
If its your home network you might want to try using Wep. When I first set up my phones wifi I used a Wpa secured connection and would get error messages like that. It would connect on and off and then I would eventually get the network error. Switched the router to a Wep connection and now I have no problems.
I had the opposite happen: WPA2 connects fine, but WEP (darn TiVo) gave me problems.

@OP: Does the hotspot you're connecting to require you to log in through a browser before you can use it?

masterjedi2011

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let you guys know.. That today I tried connecting to the other wifi hotspot in my house that is password protected.. And it has worked flawless since. Thanks for the help guys!

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have had the issue too when trying to get e-mail via wifi. I just got fed up with it and turned off wireless since I get decent signal in my home.

It seems that Wifi and 3G are fighting when an app is trying to access the internet.

I am using WEP on my router.

blaisedinsd

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to connect to the open Wi-Fi at the hospital several weeks back....It was a dead zone for cell service....my Droid 2 connected with no problems but my wife's droid 2 would not. I couldn't figure out why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21