Bluetooth disabling internal speaker

jcasel

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just bought Droid 2. I paired the phone with my car bluetooth and it works fine through the car speakers. When I am not in the car (no longer needing the bluetooth) and I try to dial and put the phone to my ear, I do not hear anything through the phone. No phone ringing before the other person pick ups, no voice on the other end. Yet when I tap the phone's external speaker function, I can hear (and so can everyone else) the call went through fine. Interestingly, when I then tap the speaker again to shut it off, I can hear everything fine with the phone next to my ear. When I shut the bluetooth setting off on the phone, and then I dial, the phone works fine and I can hear everything when I put the phone next to my ear. I use the phone half the time in my car and half the time outside of my car. I hope the Bluetooth phone setting does not have to be turned off manually everytime I exit the car and vice versa. Any suggestions? Thank you. Jerry

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're probably still in range of the Bluetooth in the car. Mine goes 30 feet. If I don't shut off the Bluetooth on my phone when I go into my house it will still stay connected to the car. Next time that happens walk over to your car... I guarantee you will here the person on the other line. When you're on the call and hit the speaker and then turn it off it switches the Bluetooth off for that phone call. Just put a Bluetooth toggle on one of your homescreens and turn it off when you leave the car.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca