just switched from blackberry to droid

mattydipps#AC

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i just switched over today to my new droid 2 which btw i love and i think is so much better then my blackberry imo but thats another story ... i just had a quick question does droid have a desktop software similar to the blackberry software i bought my phone from a friend and i have no box and/or cds or any other info ... and imput would be great .... thanks

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There's no Desktop Manager-like program for Androids. You back up your contacts/calendar on your gmail account.

You can back up your apps using appbrain.

If you're rooted there is something called titanium backup that allows a full backup. I don't know much about it, but someone who does will be along!

In the meantime here's a few helpful threads to get you started!

Jumping From BlackBerry To Android? Here's What You Need To Know

Helpful tips in there!

App Brain: keeping track of your downloaded apps

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I was chrisy520 over there. I'm waiting for the Motorola Bionic to get released (hopefully April).

In the meantime I'm keeping an eye on the prices of a Droid or Droid X off contract.

mattydipps#AC

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think youll love the droid i fell in love with it from the second i pushed the on button, kind of upsetting to get rid of the bb but its worth it good luck with your search!!

Kimo91

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to android...me like you and a lot of others left blackberry and I'm one of the few that miss blackberry for one feature or another. My Droid 2 is rooted and its a great phone and the more I mess with my phone the more I like it.

mattydipps#AC

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
thank you kimo and yes believe it or not i have an emotional attachment to my bb but just like you said the more i mess around with it the more i like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance