What home launcher are you running?

Which Home Launcher do you use?

• Total voters

thomashedd1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Colorize widget

You guys should check out the colorize widget in the market, it has about the same full screen widgets as launcher pro plus but its free, and you can use the launcher of your choosing with it. Colorize widget

p.s you can change the color to transparent glass or black.:)

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
You guys should check out the colorize widget in the market, it has about the same full screen widgets as launcher pro plus but its free, and you can use the launcher of your choosing with it. Colorize widget

p.s you can change the color to transparent glass or black.:)

Agreed, I did mention this same point along with pure messenger widget earlier in this thread.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I just put Widget Locker on my phone which is pretty dope. Not only can I put various widgets and sliders when my screen is locked but I can also change and download other lockscreens from classic froyo to htc sense.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I just put Widget Locker on my phone which is pretty dope. Not only can I put various widgets and sliders when my screen is locked but I can also change and download other lockscreens from classic froyo to htc sense.

I used to use widget locker too. I agree; it's a great lockscreen replacement. I am now using "No Lock." It just disables the lockscreen all together which I like a lot.

MacHouse83, just curious... How is LauncherPro on the D2G? I know it has a 1.2ghz processor compared to D2's 1ghz processor. Do you ever experience dragging reloads of your icons and widgets when you go back to your homescreen or open and close your keyboard? As much as I loved Launcherpro plus I just couldn't put up with the constant reloads. I played around with so many other launcher replacements but others were laggy, slow, had force close issues, or did the same thing. Now, I'm back on stock which has none of those issues but also none of the benefits =(

Regardless, I still love my droid 2 and I don't think there's any other phone I would want =)

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to use widget locker too. I agree; it's a great lockscreen replacement. I am now using "No Lock." It just disables the lockscreen all together which I like a lot.

MacHouse83, just curious... How is LauncherPro on the D2G? I know it has a 1.2ghz processor compared to D2's 1ghz processor. Do you ever experience dragging reloads of your icons and widgets when you go back to your homescreen or open and close your keyboard? As much as I loved Launcherpro plus I just couldn't put up with the constant reloads. I played around with so many other launcher replacements but others were laggy, slow, had force close issues, or did the same thing. Now, I'm back on stock which has none of those issues but also none of the benefits =(

Regardless, I still love my droid 2 and I don't think there's any other phone I would want =)

Yea Widget Locker is the truth! The developer put some good updates out for it since it debuted.

I'm loving LPP on my D2G, I also tried other Home Launchers but IMHO none of the others come close. Of course you can customize more on ADW but its not as smooth as LPP and with the updates that have been coming out for it makes it the best out there!

I personally hate the stock ninjablur or whatever the hell you want to call it on my phone, I would have loved stock android vanilla like the OG Droid. But I love the D2G, like I said in my other post its still a beast of a phone in Verizon's line up!

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I mean theres really nothing wrong with it, its just that it's a laggy and I hate the way they did their widgets. I guess its just my preference...

I agree! I finally gave up on third party launchers and entered the custom rom world last night. It's actually pretty damn easy installing a custom rom. I found a tutorial on youtube. I'm running a rom called "gummyjar." I just picked that one cause all the reviews I found kept saying how great it is and I must say it's pretty damn cool. I now have a vanilla android looking phone rather than a moto-fied version of android =)

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree! I finally gave up on third party launchers and entered the custom rom world last night. It's actually pretty damn easy installing a custom rom. I found a tutorial on youtube. I'm running a rom called "gummyjar." I just picked that one cause all the reviews I found kept saying how great it is and I must say it's pretty damn cool. I now have a vanilla android looking phone rather than a moto-fied version of android =)

Nice, do you have the link to that youtube vid?