What home launcher are you running?

Which Home Launcher do you use?

• Total voters

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
What custom launcher is everyone running and why is it your favorite?

Currently I am running Launcher Pro Plus because its ridiculously smooth and has everything I need for what I want to customize. I was going to look into the ADW Launcher but still seams a little choppy to me.

gomezl7

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Launcher pro pro hands down.. with ultra keyboard.. adw is OK. Zeam is cool n simple.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro Plus with Swiftkey Keyboard. I was using ultra keyboard also but swiftkey's predictive text is just ridiculously good; it makes swype or "tracing" (as ultra keyboard calls it) unnecessary.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro Plus with Swiftkey Keyboard. I was using ultra keyboard also but swiftkey's predictive text is just ridiculously good; it makes swype or "tracing" (as ultra keyboard calls it) unnecessary.

Yea LauncherPro Plus is beast! I've also been hearing alot about SwiftKey, I may have to try it out... If the stock launcher wasnt so laggy i would defintely use it.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting about Simi folder...

If you really want to organize your apps look into folders look into Folder Organizer Lite. Also, the folder icons are like iphone style folders.

Folder Organizer lite - Android Market

"Group items according to labels and create customizable folders and widgets

Group items according to labels and create fully customizable folders and widgets. You can organize apps, bookmarks, contacts and shortcuts
+ Change folder icon, icon pack support
+ Sort folder items any way you like
+ Make app shortcuts with custom icons and names
+ IconFinder support: search for new icons on the web
+ Put items in notification bar
+ Scrollable widgets"

Last edited:

lasher57

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using Go Launcher. Ive used LauncherPro and ADW and checked out Zeam. Each one has its ups and downs, but atm; I feel Go is the best option.

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Seems like launcherpro is the clear winner...

Recently though my launcherpro has been acting up. More often than not when I'm in an app and I hit the home button to go back to my home screens LauncherPro has to reload all my icons and widgets. It did do this from time to time but now it's just happening too frequently to the point that I just don't think it's worth using anymore. And it's not like i've added new icons or widgets lately and most of the widgets I do use are LP Widgets. I've played around with the memory usage settings but every combination doesn't seem to help at all.

I've decided to experiment with other home launchers and I tried ADW, Go, Gingerbread Launcher, and Zeam. ADW was cool but way too laggy and would force close randomly. Go was really cool but too laggy. If it runs smoother it would be a great launcher. Gingerbread only had three icons in the dock and I need more than that. Right now I'm using Zeam which is great. I use 'Colorize Widgets' and 'Pure Messenger Widgets' to replace LP widgets and I must say they are both really good replacements. My only complaint is when you first start swiping through your home screens the first swipe has a slight lag. After that every other swipe is smooth. It's a tad annoying but I think it's better than dealing with Launcherpro reloading all the icons and widgets every time I go back to my home screens.

Has anyone else experienced this Launcherpro issue?

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Until the rewrite comes out I'm giving up on launcher pro plus due to how it constantly has to reload all the icons and widgets. I went through a lot of testing with all the other launchers and have concluded that Gingerbread Launcher by MoDaCo is my favorite. However, I am giving up a lot of things:

-Scrollable widgets
-Went down from 7 homescreens to 5
-Dock only holds three icons: phone, app drawer, and browser and are not editable
-And of course ALL the customizable options other replacement launchers offer.

Gingerbread Launcher by MoDaCo is as minimal as it gets. These may be serious dealbreakers for most but it is also the smoothest and most reliable launcher in my humble opinion and those two things are top priority for me.

On another note, I'm also using Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steven Lin. I like having the gingerbread experience :)

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance