Screen wont shut off sometimes

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
I just installed the Droid 2 bootstrap and rom manager because I am thinking about running a custom rom and wanted to do a system backup. Now my screen won't always shut off. I have the timeout settings set for 30 seconds. Any ideas because this one has me stumped. I am running stock Motorola os.

markm

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this one mine sometimes. Normally when I plug it in it will stay on. Bug?

If you're using the stock ROM and it is only staying on when plugged in, check to make sure the following didn't get checked:

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake

John Yester

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the stock ROM and it is only staying on when plugged in, check to make sure the following didn't get checked:

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake

Nope I checked that the other night. Seems to always happen in the car when plugged in, not in my car docking station. But I will look over every once in a while and see the screen is lit up.

Farvman

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Fixed this issue on my Evo. Go to settings / applications / manage applications. Clicking the "running" tab. Close any apps that may be using data services. For me, it's usually ebay or doubletwist.