Can someone explain the "lag" I see people talking about?

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen it mentioned in a few posts and how people use other launchers. Most I've seen it as unlock lag but I don't have this issue so I'm just curious what it is people are talking about and if anyone can give me a test to try on my D2 I'd appreciate it.

Typically when I unlock and enter my passcode there is no lag at all, it's quite fast and responsive. I've noticed and have been impressed at times how fast it responds whereas even with my iPhone I had to re-enter my passcode a second time sometimes. I do notice that scrolling at times doesn't follow as super quick as the iPhone, but it's never caused any issue for me.

So I'm just wondering what it is and if I can do something to witness the lag people have mentioned. If it's there and I can verify then I will try another launcher. But as it stands right now I haven't noticed so it's peaked my curiosity.

Rev.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
if you compared Stock blur 2.3.20 to Fission or Liberty you'd be amazed at how fast your device feels when running an AOSP style ROM.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
But what is faster about it, the scrolling? Do you need to use a different ROM or just a different launcher?

Rev.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
you'll see a significant increase in scrolling with your alternate launcher or a custom ROM. MotoBlur Home.apk isnt very snappy in FroyoBlur. But GingerbreadBlur is smooth like satin. If you've got all the background MotoBlur compared to AOSP its like molasses. MotoBlur just has to many difficult background processes running.

Increased speed in:
overall performance
opening apps
homescreen switching

extra pro: better battery life

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci