I have a droid 2 global that i got from a friend. It was working perfectly for both me and for him before i got it. Then all of a sudden it started acting up. It would not wake up. I would press the lock button on the top any it would work but when i tried to wake it up by pressing the button again only the back-light comes on and no screen. But if i pull the battery and turn it on it works again until i press the lock button fully functional. I have tried a data/factory reset still same issue occurs. Unfortunately I do not have insurance and the warranty is void since I am not the original purchaser. Any suggestions on why this might be happening and a solution for it?
    04-04-2011 10:19 AM
    I have a droid 2 global that i got from a friend. It was working perfectly for both me and for him before i got it. Then all of a sudden it started acting up. It would not wake up. I would press the lock button on the top any it would work but when i tried to wake it up by pressing the button again only the back-light comes on and no screen. But if i pull the battery and turn it on it works again until i press the lock button fully functional. I have tried a data/factory reset still same issue occurs. Unfortunately I do not have insurance and the warranty is void since I am not the original purchaser. Any suggestions on why this might be happening and a solution for it?
    try doing a SBF of the device. You can find out how in the roms and hacks section or take it to verizon and they'll do it for you.
    04-05-2011 01:42 PM
    This is a common problem with droid 2. I installed liberty 1.5 plus a fix and have not have the issue since.
    04-05-2011 01:54 PM
    To the op, and anyone else that might benefit from this info, I too have a Motorola Droid 2 that I purchased used. It was giving me problems with random reboots so I decided to give Motorola a call because Verizon would be of no assistance since it is used. Motorola has a 1 year manufacturers warranty and it does not matter if you are the original owner or not. When I called to see how much it would be to send it in and have them take a look at it, they checked the MEID/HEX number and could tell how much longer of a warranty I had on the phone. In my case, they were able to tell me that mine was still good until 02/04/2012!!! They took all of my info and sent out a slip for me to attach to the package to send the device in to them. They say that it takes approx. 5 business days after they receive the phone to get it back to you. Its that simple and does not cost you anything. There is hope for you if you bought a used Motorola phone as long as their is still factory warranty left. Good luck!
    04-06-2011 06:18 PM
    does all the droid 2 have this issue?? i got one coming i traded and he had the liberty 1.5 installed on it, but never mentioned any problems
    04-06-2011 09:39 PM
    This is a common problem with droid 2. I installed liberty 1.5 plus a fix and have not have the issue since.
    where do you get liberty 1.5 and fix at
    04-06-2011 09:40 PM
    try doing a SBF of the device.
    What is a SBF?
    04-07-2011 06:19 AM
    What is a SBF?
    It is using an outside file to wipe your device literally as if it just came off the assembly line. check out this write-up i just did on how to do it.
    How to SBF your Droid 2

UPDATE: It now has instructions and files that support the Droid 2 Global
    04-07-2011 09:50 AM
    does all the droid 2 have this issue?? i got one coming i traded and he had the liberty 1.5 installed on it, but never mentioned any problems
    I've had my D2 (not D2G) since October and no problem such as the OP has. So probably not. Well, I hope not lol.

Rev.
    04-08-2011 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD