Upgrading phone do I need to unroot?

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a rooted droid 2 with liberty 1.5.

I plan on upgrading to either iphone 4 or htc thunderbolt in the new few weeks.

I would like to give my phone to my mom, do I need to unroot before I call verizon and tell them I am switching the number?

Or will I be able to just call them up with liberty 1.5 installed- I am not going to go to the store and tell them to change the number this will all be done over the phone.

Thanks for any info.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
you don't even need to call them. you can do it all by turning you mom's current phone off and calling *228. Press 1, then your mom's number, the account password and then wait for the horrible music to stop playing.

assuming your mom has a smartphone plan already.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
she doesn't have a smart phone plan.

I will be upgrading to a Thunderbolt and giving her my droid 2 with liberty 1.5- Momma gonna have power. Lol.

I will prob have to call them to add a plan. But I will give your method a shot. Maybe it might work
:-!

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
you can do it online as well through the activate a device option, but because you're not familiar with how to do it, just call verizon. Their protocol is to teach you how to use the online service anyway, so you wont have to call them again about the same issue.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure I could figure it out. I use the website for my account a lot.

Still waiting and debating what phone to get.

Updated to liberty 2.0 so I don't really need anything just yet, just want to lock in the new 4G plans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol