I was trying to upgrade to Gingerbread. I followed all the instructions found on this forum, rooted the phone, and did a bootstrap recovery installing Gingerbread. It seems to have worked, however...

When the phone boots up, it brings me to a white screen. I believe the problem is the live wallpaper that I have is not compatible with the new system. That's no problem, only I can't get into the settings to get rid of it. Since I have just a blank white screen, when I push the menu button, I get nothing. Is there some way to force the phone to load the settings?

Help...
    04-07-2011 07:25 AM
    Was finally able to do a hard reset, and got it back.
    04-07-2011 08:27 AM
    Phew!! Glad to hear it!
    04-07-2011 09:14 AM
    Is there some way to force the phone to load the settings?
    If you hold the search button it will launch voice command. which i believe you can launch settings from. I use vlingo, and it allows you to launch settings through voice. If it doesn't you could always say "vlingo." it will search google and provide you the option to view it in the android market. Then download it and long press the search button again and select vlingo. Then say "settings."

Of course if you only wanted to remove your wallpaper, you could just do that when you enter the market through my first few steps.
    jeffieboy56 likes this.
    04-07-2011 09:44 AM
    Thanks for the help. I have some additional questions, but they are probably better put into another thread. Thanks again :-)
    04-07-2011 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD