If Using WIFI at Home, Can My Husband See My Droid 2 Data?

eg146

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually stay with my ex-husband. Weird I know but I am very ill and the doctors are still trying to diagnose me. Long story short I have no money, no help, and am too sick to work so that's the why.

My ex is very secretive and sneaky. He gave me to router password and code to use WIFI on the Droid 2 at home since it's faster but he recently made a comment about why I was Google searching symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis.

How would he have known that?

Can the person who has control of the router and network see what is done on other devices like Droid 2?

I can use the 3G but the wifi is faster. I don't have a secret life but I also don't spy on other peoples computers or phones so I don't think they should on mine.

Just curious what using wifi does? I only use the home password protected wifi and have Lookout security app but only free one. Thank You!!

Reactions: Chrisy

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Was your ex ever alone with your D2? If he was, he could have installed some kind of remote spy app on the phone. You should check in your list of installed apps for anything you don't recognize.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I'd check the /system/apps/ folder of your device and make sure their aren't any unusual apps in there? you may also wanna check the /data/apps/ folder because they may have a sneaky app there as well.

I wouldn't rule out that your husband is able to spy through his router though. If he has a weird creeper router it could possibly be done. If you're that worried about it, ask him if he'd mind adding on another router that you set up and have complete administration controls over.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Just like if you're at work the admin of the firewall and/or proxy server can see what websites you visit, if they have it setup for logging, I have to assume the same is true of the logging on a wireless router. I never set logging up on mine though so I'm just guessing.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If he's competent he can read and capture every packet that enters or leaves his network, he can even hijack your Facebook sessions or email under the right circumstances (luckily Gmail is pretty safe, but some other services are vulnerable).

You can be a little more secure by going to https://www.google.com (note the https instead of the http), but your phone will sadly forward you the non-secure site automatically unless you switch to Desktop mode. You're much better off just using 3G instead of WiFi if it's available. Unless he's planted malware on your phone (which you should also keep locked, BTW) he won't be able to access that data.

Do you just use your Droid on the network or also a laptop?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1