For some reason, several days ago, my friend's 3G stopped working on her Droid 2..WiFi works fine, but NO 3g. Will not check for updates, market, browser etc.

I have done everything such as calling *228, toggling data on/off, everything except a factory reset. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks!
    04-26-2011 10:45 AM
    battery pull? did you check to see if mobile data is turned on?
    04-28-2011 01:37 PM
    Yes, I have pulled the battery out a few times. I completely did the factory reset, and it sucked setting the phone back up again because I had to connect it to Wi-Fi just to do it, because it still did not have 3G.

She actually went into the VZW store today and the guy gave her what I believe to be BS about their 4G network being down. I did recently read on Engadget about this, but I do not see how this affects her 3G Droid 2, while I know three other people at my college that have the same model without any problems of this nature. I wondered if perhaps this problem could have something to do with the radio/frequency and if I were to root it and flash a different radio/ROM onto it if it would fix this error.

Updated: The LTE issue is supposedly fixed now, as of about 11 a.m. this morning, but claims that it just affected LTE modems and those with the Thunderbolt as well
    04-28-2011 08:38 PM
    So no other thoughts/ideas? I've tried everything I know besides rooting and flashing any ROMS, with no positive results
    05-01-2011 07:26 PM
    If you tried everything and your radio is still out, you should make a warranty claim with Motorola.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    05-02-2011 05:55 AM