Droid2G, STARTUP APP?

Mr Mayor

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey gang.
Looking to freeze a few startup apps on my D2G. Trying to stretch this ExtLifeBattery as much as I can.

Everyday I stop the following in RUNNING SERVICES:
SkypeMobile, NewsRetrievalService, GlobalUnplug (?) BluetoothMapService (BT is off once I get to work, so... I kill it)

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a free app to freeze these services for me, AND, MORE importantly, will this free app also run? Thus rendering my desire to kill the other processes, useless?

I spotted this "" Startup Manager - Speed & Manage Android System from Startup | Download Android ""

Is this something I'd like? (Not happy about the ads either)
:D
MM

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
yeah, sorry if your response didn't come quick enough. The Droid 2 forums tends to be actively responded by only about 15 people.

As for what you can use, i'll share with you what i did when i was running the stock software. I am assuming you are running the stock software and not a custom ROM. These methods will actually require root access. First method is to use titanium backup. you can freeze any application to where it will no longer function at all. Secondly you can use another root required application called rootexplorer. What you can do with this app is access the system partition of your devices and rename any app from some thing like this ********.apk to this ********.apk.bak What this will do is make the file something that android cannot read therefore making it a frozen file that you can restore at anytime by renaming to **********.apk and then rebooting your device.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
I use Titanium pro and it is the easiest way to freeze apps. The UI is pretty straight forward and easy to figure out if you are not a huge tech geek. The one thing that you also get with Titanium is a great method for making backups of your phones apps and data. You will have to be routed to use this app which is a pretty straight forward process. I really don't recommended using any type of startup manager or task killer. These types of programs can kill battery life and make the phone unstable. If you read through the reviews of the app in the Android market you you see alot of bad reviews, more negative than positive reviews to be exact so that should be an indication of what is to be expected of the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc