battery life,please help!

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
please help- i have a d2g with the moto extended life battery, the one vzw sells for like 50$. any way, by 3 pm im down to like 30% after maybe 5-8 emails a little bit of angry birds and a few short phone calls. this is ridiculous! i am constantly having to charge my phone mid day or it will die by 5pm, i have twitter check every 4 hours,, weather app every few hours, no fb and nothing else i can think of killing power, any tips or advice?? also noticed a few times phone freeze when incoming call, i couldnt slide to answer very odd!

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to the home screen, touch the menu button --> Settings --> Battery Manager now touch the battery icon. It will list a set of guesses as to what's been eating your battery.

potatoho

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Is the back warm? Should be ice cold, otherwise there is a drain somewhere. With your use pattern you should have about 70-80% battery remaining at the end of the day, especially since you have the extended battery.

Wi-fi searching seems to be a draw for me when I travel, and so I use JuiceDefender to turn that off when it fails to connect. Or you can click off wi-fi using the Power Control widget. I use wi-fi as much as possible because it seems to draw less power, but if I take a drive it somehow will start draining.. I guess the scanning does it.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
one good thing to note is that if/when verizon and motorola get the android 2.3 build finished then you wont have to worry about all that because they seem to have fixed all of those problems.

ydh2323

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
top 3 are display 22%/android os15% and android system 14%
6hrs 20 min since unplugged from wall charger full charge now im at 60% its only 12:45 pm here in ny
it makes no sense, i have no games installed and made maybe 2 phone calls on the phone rest was emails coming in and a few sens and few gtalk messages, nothing data intensive or no screen on for too long i cant figure it out
back is not hot, it would get hot if screen on and running a game or two when i had angry birds installed (now uninstalled)
im going crazy here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair