please help- i have a d2g with the moto extended life battery, the one vzw sells for like 50$. any way, by 3 pm im down to like 30% after maybe 5-8 emails a little bit of angry birds and a few short phone calls. this is ridiculous! i am constantly having to charge my phone mid day or it will die by 5pm, i have twitter check every 4 hours,, weather app every few hours, no fb and nothing else i can think of killing power, any tips or advice?? also noticed a few times phone freeze when incoming call, i couldnt slide to answer very odd!
    05-11-2011 03:41 PM
    Go to the home screen, touch the menu button --> Settings --> Battery Manager now touch the battery icon. It will list a set of guesses as to what's been eating your battery.
    05-11-2011 06:31 PM
    Is the back warm? Should be ice cold, otherwise there is a drain somewhere. With your use pattern you should have about 70-80% battery remaining at the end of the day, especially since you have the extended battery.

Wi-fi searching seems to be a draw for me when I travel, and so I use JuiceDefender to turn that off when it fails to connect. Or you can click off wi-fi using the Power Control widget. I use wi-fi as much as possible because it seems to draw less power, but if I take a drive it somehow will start draining.. I guess the scanning does it.
    05-12-2011 12:59 PM
    one good thing to note is that if/when verizon and motorola get the android 2.3 build finished then you wont have to worry about all that because they seem to have fixed all of those problems.
    05-12-2011 03:18 PM
    top 3 are display 22%/android os15% and android system 14%
    6hrs 20 min since unplugged from wall charger full charge now im at 60% its only 12:45 pm here in ny
    it makes no sense, i have no games installed and made maybe 2 phone calls on the phone rest was emails coming in and a few sens and few gtalk messages, nothing data intensive or no screen on for too long i cant figure it out
    back is not hot, it would get hot if screen on and running a game or two when i had angry birds installed (now uninstalled)
    im going crazy here...
    05-13-2011 12:45 PM
    don't know how mods feel about linking to another forum but what NiceGuysFinishLast over on droidforums.net has a post about battery life that seems to have some good tips for d2g. My Battery Life Writeup - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    05-13-2011 02:57 PM
    thanks ill check it out
    05-16-2011 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD