My Droid 2 has given up the ghost. It will not read my SD Card no matter what I do. It sees that it is there but will not mount.It reads "Blank SD Card, SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem."

I've reformatted the card using Windows and tried reformatting on the phone. It will not reformat on the phone. I was able to read and copy the files using Windows. But, no luck from my phone. It worked fine until last night. I am not rooted and did not load any new programs. I've tried 2 different micro SD Cards and still no luck.

I'm desperate here people. Can you help?
    05-12-2011 09:19 AM
    My phone is now in total meltdown. I did 3 factory resets and each time it gets worse. I checked 3 microsd cards. None work. Now, it will not install any programs from the market. Worst of all im on the road for work for 4 more days. My phone is my lifeline and it has snapped.
    05-12-2011 06:53 PM
    is your Droid 2 rooted and running a custom rom?
    05-13-2011 01:03 AM
    is your Droid 2 rooted and running a custom rom?
    No, it is totally stock. It's not even rooted. It went from bad to worse each time I tried to fix something. In hindsight, I probably could have dealt with the SD card problem for the short run. But, not having my e-mail and other programs really sucks! My OG Droid crapped out on me too. Is this a problem with Motorola or with Android. I love the OS, but my IPhone buddies don't seem to have these meltdowns.
    05-13-2011 01:22 AM
    computers are computers, every platform has meltdowns.
    First I'd SBF my device by following these instructions.
    then if that doesn't work i'd call verizon and see if they'll give you a replacement.
    If that fails perhaps if you root your phone and change the software it may work better. (instructions)
    05-13-2011 08:46 AM
    Thank goodness for Motorola customer service. They could not fix the problem virtually, but are honoring the warranty. So, the phone is on its way to Motorola. I'm using my old (refurbished from the last meltdown) original Droid for a week or so until the new unit arrives.

Weirdly, the inability to install market apps fixed itself. After about 24 hours it decided to work again. So, I installed some critical programs and limped home from my trip.
    05-16-2011 07:19 PM
    replacement time...
    05-23-2011 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD