My Droid2 Hacked??

markbroom91

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
HELP!!!

I have a Moto Droid 2 with all software updated and current.
I am running Lookout and Launcher Pro ONLY after a recent issue that has returned again.

Basically I installed Launcher Pro from the market, paid for it, and everything worked fine for about a week. On top of all the other apps I had installed I kept getting strange events on my phone (seriously you can SEE someone manipulating screen, menu items, and settings). So I factory reset my phone and put back on here Lookout and Launcher Pro ONLY. Now the same issues are happening???

Anyone out there point me in the right direction? I love the Launcher Pro app but if it allows a hole into my phone by some off chance I will just learn to do without and call it a waste of a couple of bucks.

Help please anyone...

Mark

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same issues. The phone woukd get a mind of its own. Jump around menus, selecting random items, back spacing and deleting.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Remove Tasker (if you have it) as well as any Task Killers. I would also recommend swapping Lookout for another antivirus like AVG. Then swap LP for GO Launcher, which has the same features and then some for Free.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
SBF your device if you think someone else has control of it. otherwise it may just be a faulty app or even water damage. water makes these devices act really bizarre sometimes

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, in order to get that kind of hack you'd need something like Droid VNC Server which requires that you root the device (check for a Superuser app or, even better, install a terminal emulator and see if the command "su" works and changes the prompt to a hash [#]).

I'd say the odds you've actually been hacked are remote, the odds you've been pranked by a roommate, however, are marginally higher (and please, everyone turn on a screen lock so random people can't pick up your phone and mess with it!).

However, my money's on a malfunction or one of the two very invasive bits of software acting up. How long between the wipe and the "hack"? If it was only a matter of days, try wiping (or, even better, SBFing) without Lookout (which is pretty useless if you're not downloading apps). If it occurs again, try without Lookout or Launcher anything installed and see if it happens.

Also, what other apps do you have on your phone? I'd be much more concerned about obscure apps or if you've got them from strange places. Remember, z4root can root your phone at the click of a button, this exploit has been used in malware where you don't need to click a button.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
is it fairly humid where you live/work/see the problem? These digitizers don't hold up to quality in super humid conditions. On my OG droid when it was really humid (Tampa, Fl) and my screen appeared to feel a bit of condensation on it when i would tap one thing, a totally different thing would get selected. even if it wasn't even close to what i pressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay