D2 working on 2.2, for the past week I'm unable to download any updates to my Marketplace apps (Movies, Robotek, and AppBrian App Market). Every time I try to update, the phone goes through all the motions, shows a 100% complete status bar but then I get a message that says "Installation Error. Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card."

I have 7.80GB of space available on my SD card, and I have 6.24GB available internally. Unknown sources is checked. I'm not sure what else to look at. I've restarted my phone a couple of times already, no change.

Thoughts?
    06-07-2011 01:03 PM
    Can you access data on your sd card otherwise? Like pictures and videos in your gallery?
    06-07-2011 01:22 PM
    Yup. I'm able to access music, images and video without any problem.

I can even download and install new apps, I just can't update them.
    06-07-2011 03:01 PM
    Try clearing the Market app cache in Settings>Manage Apps.
    06-07-2011 08:06 PM
    Try clearing the Market app cache in Settings>Manage Apps.
    Marketplace cache has been cleared, still fails to download.
    06-08-2011 06:58 AM
    Try a factory reset, under Settings>Privacy.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk
    06-08-2011 07:49 AM
    Is there any way to try on another device? I recently was locked out of updating and downloading apps by Google. It started working again after about 2 days.
    06-08-2011 12:58 PM
    Well, after speaking with Verizon they convinced me to perform a factory reset. After doing so, the same three apps that I could not update now will not download to my phone at all now.
    06-13-2011 01:13 PM
    Have you opened a ticket with Google?
    06-13-2011 04:50 PM
    Have you opened a ticket with Google?
    You can do that? Is that something I can do through my phone, or is there a site I have to visit?

Thanks for your help, circustravis.
    06-16-2011 01:12 PM
    I did it through the website. but if you are in the marketplace, and hit menu then help, it should take you to the marketplace support page with faqs, and a contact link.
    06-16-2011 02:43 PM
    I did it through the website. but if you are in the marketplace, and hit menu then help, it should take you to the marketplace support page with faqs, and a contact link.
    Excellent. I didn't know that.

On a related note, I found out what was causing my problem. After contacting Verizon tech support and having them send me another replacement D2, I activated my phone and made sure the first app I tried to install were the same that caused my problems, and found they still would not download.

I did a little more searching through my settings and found something called "Accessibility" was turned on. I turned it off and attempted to download those apps again - and it worked. There are still some Amazon apps that can't be downloaded but at least I can again download Marketplace apps again.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, C.
    06-22-2011 02:55 PM
    Are you rooted? It is possible you might have changed your sd card to Read Only through a file manager app. Idk, just a thought.
    06-22-2011 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD