Overheating issues, even with underclock.

shahm0nsterr#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had my d2g for a few weeks now and have it rooted and rommed. One thing is starting to bug me abut this phone, it gets hot. It gets hot when I hardly use it. This morning I turned the phone on after being off all night, and 5 minutes later was already feeling like a hand warmer.

I don't understand why the cpu is working this hard.
I even have recently underclocked to a maximum of 800mhz, and it doesn't help at all.

Has anyone had this big of a problem?
I absolutely love this phone but the overheating is a little annoying

Has anyone tried the Fission rom and noticed more overheating than on stock? I don't see how it could be a Fission problem, because it's basically vanilla android.

I would appreciate any help :)

BluePlate

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Rooted and underclocked, and it still gets hot. Not warm, but HOT. It won't burn me, but it's hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold. It also gets stuck doing... *something* on occasion--the little circle-arrows of email-checking will show up and stay on way too long, all apps and screens will lag or freeze, and the phone will heat up massively in mere seconds. I have no idea what's going on in these situations, but pulling the battery helps. Even when it's not having a little freak-out, though, it still gets way to hot sometimes.

Honestly, I've posted in a few threads here about it, and I think it's just a thing with this phone. I don't know enough about the innards of phones to know why it happens, but there it is. Maybe Gingerbread will help.

To tell the truth, I love everything about this phone, but the heat issue is what will drive me to a new model sooner rather than later.

Once another phone with a nice physical keyboard and global capabilities comes out I'll trade up; in the meantime, I'll live with my little handwarmer.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Go into your gmail application or check your settings. I'm betting this has something to do with Facebook/gmail syncing up.

Sent from my (almost) HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had a D2 since August of last year. It does get warm sometimes but not to extremes. Worst case was when I was charging it using Moto branded car charger. Never happened using the OEM wall-wort that came with the phone. Even tho the phone is rooted, rommed and OC'd to1.3GHz, it does not usually get warmer than 99 or 100 degrees F.
Running Droid 2 overclock on 'Low' voltage @ 1.3GHz

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234