Gingerbread Arrival?

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes! It's about time.

Also, does the Droid 2 have motoblur? I'm just asking because when I added my Yahoo e-mail to my Droid 2 Global I got an e-mail saying something like "welcome to motoblur.".

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes! It's about time.

Also, does the Droid 2 have motoblur? I'm just asking because when I added my Yahoo e-mail to my Droid 2 Global I got an e-mail saying something like "welcome to motoblur.".

Yes (almost) all Motorola Droid phones have Motoblur, though they are once again talking about phasing out the name. The new Motoblur (as I have experienced on the Droid Pro) is actually quite a nice update over the old one.

jinjelsnaps

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon Level 2 Tech Support rep right now - 2.3 is, in fact, releasing today. No idea when it will actually hit, but checking manually isn't pulling anything for me. They didn't seem able to push it to me, either. Oh well.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow when my 4th D2G arrives...sheesh...:p

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon Level 2 Tech Support rep right now - 2.3 is, in fact, releasing today. No idea when it will actually hit, but checking manually isn't pulling anything for me. They didn't seem able to push it to me, either. Oh well.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow when my 4th D2G arrives...sheesh...:p

It's about time!

Any updates anyone?

BluePlate

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read in several places that it came out today, but checking manually isn't getting me anything either.

On a related note: I'm rooted (with z4root) and still new to the whole rooting thing; will I need to unroot before I update to Gingerbread (whenever it becomes available to me)?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I've read in several places that it came out today, but checking manually isn't getting me anything either.

On a related note: I'm rooted (with z4root) and still new to the whole rooting thing; will I need to unroot before I update to Gingerbread (whenever it becomes available to me)?

it would be advisable for you to do so. You will almost certainly loose root anyway during the upgrade and a rooted phone can cause problems for OS updates.

No update for me :(

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i think what was announced is that the testers are getting it now, which means full release should be a week or so away assuming everything goes swimmingly.

pckid47

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
from my understanding on the gingerbread update on the D2 and D2G, it was suppose to release shortly after the D3 was released. so far i have not seen anything in site though :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol