just rooted and put custom rom on my d2

entourage133

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
i got tired of waiting for the gingerbread update for my droid 2 so i rooted my phone and put a custom ROM on today....so you can expect gingerbread in the next couple of days because that is just my luck.

entourage133

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
just something i noticed. ESPN score center wasn't working for me so i unistalled it because i figured something went wrong during root and installing rom but now i dont even see it in the marketplace. anyone else have this problem??

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I have.
I just did the same thing - Rooted with Leaked/Rooted Monster ROM (rooted version of leaked GB update).
I noticed several apps that I couldn't find in Market when I wanted to re-install them. I logged onto the web version - https://market.android.com and clicked the 'My Library' link and signed on. After scrolling through my apps I noticed some say INSTALLED and some just say PURCHASED. When I went to install the PURCHASED apps I noticed that now some of them are 'incompatible with my device' -presumably incompatible with GingerBread. Bummer. As an example, even tho I have Astro free installed I cannot install the Pro version due to 'incompatibility'. Same with some other apps. Guess I know what they mean now when I see references to Android fragmentation. Hopefully these apps will get updated at some point to work with GB.;)

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation is to skip VZ's GB update entirely and go right to CM7. I had the leaked GB, it was stable and worked well, but it's not even close to CM7.