Its a mm thinner than the thunderbolt but we know why the thunderbolt is thick but its the thinnest qwerty smartphone and you meen to tell me that they couldn't fit a lte radio in there but that is very thin for a qwerty 13mm
    07-08-2011 08:34 AM
    Its a mm thinner than the thunderbolt but we know why the thunderbolt is thick but its the thinnest qwerty smartphone and you meen to tell me that they couldn't fit a lte radio in there but that is very thin for a qwerty 13mm
    The phone is thinner than a D2

D2 4.58-2.38-.054
    D3 4.90-2.50-.050

I likey...
    07-08-2011 09:46 AM
    Yea 13mm is very thin , looks like Moto want it title back , you know "the thinest QWERTY slider smartphone" , I know thats hard to belive but that was the case with the OG Droid
    07-08-2011 03:40 PM
    Yea 13mm is very thin , looks like Moto want it title back , you know "the thinest QWERTY slider smartphone" , I know thats hard to belive but that was the case with the OG Droid
    Ya thats what I thought
    07-08-2011 10:27 PM
    If it didn't have a keyboard, they could fit LTE in. There's barely space for the radios it has, and certainly not enough space for a janky first-gen LTE radio.
    07-09-2011 12:22 AM
    If it didn't have a keyboard, they could fit LTE in. There's barely space for the radios it has, and certainly not enough space for a janky first-gen LTE radio.
    How is there barely enough space when its the thinnest qwerty in the world I'm sure if they made it a lil thicker they could fit lte In there
    07-09-2011 12:48 PM
    How is there barely enough space when its the thinnest qwerty in the world I'm sure if they made it a lil thicker they could fit lte In there
    Be rational, please.

Yes, the Droid 3 is 13 mm. But it is also split in half, so it only has a little more than HALF of that 13mm to fit in all of the components. In order for them to fit in LTE, the half that houses the keyboard would have to be, at minimum, 12 mm thick on its own in order for LTE to fit. That is NOT an acceptable compromise for this handset right now.
    07-09-2011 05:45 PM
    Be rational, please.

Yes, the Droid 3 is 13 mm. But it is also split in half, so it only has a little more than HALF of that 13mm to fit in all of the components. In order for them to fit in LTE, the half that houses the keyboard would have to be, at minimum, 12 mm thick on its own in order for LTE to fit. That is NOT an acceptable compromise for this handset right now.
    But it's possible so why don't you be rational you act like its impossible but back on topic if it had lte I would probably get it but it's still a Great device
    07-09-2011 09:19 PM
    But it's possible so why don't you be rational you act like its impossible but back on topic if it had lte I would probably get it but it's still a Great device
    It is not possible. Not with the generation of radios that Verizon has approved and not with the demands of this device.
    07-09-2011 09:29 PM
    I would love for *this* phone to have LTE, but I likely would not consider the LTE Droid 3 that would have been released if they tried to release it with today's first gen LTE radios.

-Suntan
    07-09-2011 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD