I've been on Android since I bought the original MOTO DROID on launch day...but I never bothered to root it, because it always did what I wanted it to. Thus I wasn't concerned about the locked bootloader when I bought the DROID 3. However, there are so many crappy apps (all things VCast and Verizon) I want either uninstalled or at least unlisted. Any way to do that yet?

BTW--Verizon customer service was awesome about unlocking the network for my upcoming trip to Europe. I have a prepaid SIM in it already :-)
    07-09-2011 12:54 PM
    We gotta wait until we get rooted. Usually doesn't take too long, so be patient.

Then we can begin to remove apps and stuff.
    HaveFunNotStuff likes this.
    07-09-2011 01:10 PM
    You can use launcher pro to hide the apps.
    07-09-2011 05:11 PM
    Well it appears the root methods worked previously have been plugged up. So hopefully a some keen folks can get into the ROM dump and find a new way to exploit it open. I see hundreds of MB of wasted memory in there and I'm not happy.
    07-10-2011 08:54 PM
    I wish I could say that I won't get this phone without at least root being achieved...but I'll be getting it any which way when it hits stores (waiting for it to hit costco, so I can decide about the bionic later)
    07-10-2011 09:00 PM