Hi, sorry for the basic question here -

I just bought a 2 year contract and a Droid 2G on July 4. I know I can return the D2G up until the 18th for a $35 restocking fee. What I'm wondering is ... since I already have a 2 year contract, does that mean that I won't be able to get the D3 for the same cost (about $200) as I did the D2?

Thanks -
    07-10-2011 01:58 PM
    You will get the d3 with the contract price. I did the same with when I returned the iphone for the thunderbolt and all they do is start the 2yr contract from the 18th or whichever day you return it. Hope this helps. It should be just another $35 out of pocket to cover the restocking fee
    alexis likes this.
    07-10-2011 02:02 PM
    You will get the d3 with the contract price. I did the same with when I returned the iphone for the thunderbolt and all they do is start the 2yr contract from the 18th or whichever day you return it. Hope this helps. It should be just another $35 out of pocket to cover the restocking fee
    Woo-hooo! Thanks for the reply smartphonedude!

If they try to give me any grief about that, are there any special words or phrases I should throw around? I'll be gentle and draw the line just this side of "make my day" ...
    07-10-2011 02:30 PM
    Woo-hooo! Thanks for the reply smartphonedude!

If they try to give me any grief about that, are there any special words or phrases I should throw around? I'll be gentle and draw the line just this side of "make my day" ...
    Yeah, it's a Worry-Free guarantee. For 14 days, you are eligible to cancel your contract and return the device. Rather than canceling and reinstating a new one or whatever, the contract is still within its probation period such that you can practically get any device for it's 2 year commitment price within that 14 day period.

So if you bought a Droid 2 Global for say $99 dollars with a two year upgrade, then within the 14 days you are unhappy with your phone, you can exchange it for say, the Droid 3 priced at $199. Only difference is, you'll have to pay the difference of $100 dollars. Pretty straight forward.
    alexis likes this.
    07-10-2011 02:49 PM
    Yeah, it's a Worry-Free guarantee. For 14 days, you are eligible to cancel your contract and return the device. Rather than canceling and reinstating a new one or whatever, the contract is still within its probation period such that you can practically get any device for it's 2 year commitment price within that 14 day period.

So if you bought a Droid 2 Global for say $99 dollars with a two year upgrade, then within the 14 days you are unhappy with your phone, you can exchange it for say, the Droid 3 priced at $199. Only difference is, you'll have to pay the difference of $100 dollars. Pretty straight forward.
    Thanks to both of you guys ... and I "Thanked" you via the forum too!
    07-10-2011 03:00 PM

+ the $35 restocking fee.
    07-10-2011 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD