Has anyone bought the dock yet? Is the multimedia dock unique to the Droid 3?
    07-11-2011 09:57 AM
    It's not the D1/D2 dock. It will probably be unique to the D3/Milestone 3. I don't see many 4" phones with the thickness of a slider coming out.
    07-11-2011 10:51 AM
    I have the D3 Dock. The D3 will not work on the D1 or D2 dock.
    07-11-2011 01:09 PM
    Might it work with the X dock?
    07-11-2011 05:06 PM
    I wouldn't think so

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    07-11-2011 07:55 PM
    I was looking at my wife's X dock and if you wanted to take a dremel tool to it and cut one of the sides off, it probably would work, but would look ugly.

I had to do a little cosmetic Dremeling to my Droid 2 dock for work as I have the phone in a hard case and it wouldn't fit. Still haven't figured out what I'm gonna do about the D3...
    akronevan2 likes this.
    07-12-2011 07:31 AM
    mbrouill, I have a dremel and that isn't a bad idea...
    07-12-2011 09:01 AM
    mbrouill, I have a dremel and that isn't a bad idea...
    Great, I'll take my first like for that idea...
    akronevan2 likes this.
    07-12-2011 09:42 AM
    I have the D3 Dock. The D3 will not work on the D1 or D2 dock.
    Does anyone know if the dock supports a remote? I would really hope these docks would start doing that. I want to have it hooked up to my stereo and be able to change the song or video with ease without using my laptop or something over wifi.
    07-12-2011 10:39 AM
    Does anyone know if the dock supports a remote? I would really hope these docks would start doing that. I want to have it hooked up to my stereo and be able to change the song or video with ease without using my laptop or something over wifi.
    I'm not sure about a remote. But I doubt it.
    07-13-2011 12:12 PM
    I have both the HDMI dock and the car dock, and I'm not to impressed with either. The HDMI dock does not have any IR reader window, and also does not support USB to PC connection, nor does the car dock. Both a little overpriced, but without any other options at the moment, not much else we can do. Also for those interested in the car dock, it does not appear to allow portrait viewing, which kinda hoses some apps up, google music being one as you cannot access the "now playing" window, have to use the "car view" mode as both docks try to get you into dock mode.
    07-13-2011 01:04 PM
    Car dock isn't perfect, but one nice thing compared to the D2 car dock is that it has a removable insert that allows the phone to dock even if it's in a bit of a case. Probably wouldn't let it dock in something like an Otterbox case, but the verizon hard-shell snap-on case slips in perfectly fine, which is nice. I like the integrated audio out as well. Portrait mode is a bit of a problem, I agree.
    07-13-2011 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD