I've never had a "droid" before. Meaning never had OG droid or d2g. So I'm not sure how the keyboard is suppose to feel. it is difficult to push the keyboard out. does it become more fluid after a bit of use?
    07-13-2011 06:34 AM
    I've never had a "droid" before. Meaning never had OG droid or d2g. So I'm not sure how the keyboard is suppose to feel. it is difficult to push the keyboard out. does it become more fluid after a bit of use?
    I've had 2 OG Droids and have used my wife's OG Droid too... the keyboard on that had varied stiffness. My Droid 3 is very stiff too, but they do tend to loosen a little with regular use. Don't expect a lot, though.
    07-13-2011 06:55 AM
    When I played with one in the store yesterday I noticed that the keyboard took a little more effort than I initially expected to get open.

I was expecting a good flick of the thumb would push it open, but that only got it half way open. I think it has to do with how far the phone slides open as much as how stiff it is. It has to travel a fair amount to make space for that fifth row.

-Suntan
    07-13-2011 07:10 AM
    true. i'm sure i will get use to it. i've never had a physical keyboard so i wasn't sure if that was normal
    07-13-2011 07:39 AM
    true. i'm sure i will get use to it. i've never had a physical keyboard so i wasn't sure if that was normal
    It's normal. The build quality from Motorola is supreme, and you can feel it with the new D3 phones. I've had the OG Droid and the Droid 2, and they will "break-in" after a while and feel a bit smoother, but at the rate that you wont even notice that its smoother until you try a brand new D3 somewhere after a few months.

Same went with the keypad on the D1 and D2, they came with flat keys. After time of use, the keys raise up and I didn't even notice until I saw a brand new D1 and D2 and compared them. lol
    07-13-2011 08:58 AM
    How is the keyboard?
    07-13-2011 09:26 AM
    How is the keyboard?
    About as good as a person could ask for on a phone is the best way I have to describe it.

When looking for a knock against it I keep having to relate it to a good computer keyboard, which is saying something when you think about it.

That said, Im not a huge fan of the ok button. Id personally prefer it to not be there and just have a massive return button grow to take that space too.

-Suntan
    07-13-2011 09:34 AM
    ^^^ This its the one phone that I would love to see on Sprint. That phone looks so good to me.
    07-13-2011 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD