Had mine three days now, love every aspect of it, the past few hours or so it's rebooted itself 5 or 6 times. Any suggestions? Leaving the country Sunday on a month-long trip so if I need to take it back I need to get started on that now, rather than in a few days haha.
    07-13-2011 02:43 PM
    Some guys over at Hofo have reported reboots. Might want to check out their thread over there.

-Suntan
    07-13-2011 02:45 PM
    i just got a random reboot. just sitting in my pocket. but it may have been that i have almost no signal where i am. it used to happen to my DINC when i was at work as well.
    07-14-2011 06:55 AM
    I haven't had any reboots on my D3 yet, but when I first got my OG Droid, I had a problem (about 1-3 days after I got it) where something caused it to get stuck in a reboot loop. It would go through full startup, be on the homescreen for a few minutes and then it would reboot. I took it to the VZW store (because I didn't know how to get to the recovery menu at the time) and he said there was some sort of activity queue that was probably corrupt and resetting the phone would fix it. So, he factory reset the phone, and all was well after that.

I don't know if this has any relation to your problem, but it is something you could try. If you've only had the phone for a few days, maybe it won't be so painful to get things reconfig-ed back to the way you like them since it is fresh on your mind. ;-)

-SR-
    07-14-2011 07:31 AM
    I wouldn't take this phone and rely on it for that long a period in a foriegn country. I'd return and try again when you get back and have time to waste.
    07-14-2011 08:57 AM
    i think the op should take it back.
    i only had 1 reboot and i think i know why mine did it
    5-6 is way too many
    07-14-2011 09:09 AM
    Headed to the Verizon store this afternoon to talk to them about it, thanks for all the input folks. Will post here with update when I get back.
    07-14-2011 10:49 AM
    Update for anyone interested, I did a factory data reset this morning, after I remembered that setting up verizon's Backup Assistant thing failed the first time through. I suspect that that was what was causing the problem, as it's worked flawlessly and with better battery life today than in the past three days. Nary a reset, and I've done way more that would cause resets (tons of apps, new launcher, etc) than I did before. Trip got pushed back a week so I'm gonna give it a few more days before I decide whether or not to take it back.
    07-15-2011 12:37 AM
    Just had a second reboot after having the phone for 3 days. But again was in my bomb shelter of an office. I think its signal related but I can't be certain till the weekend. I really hope we aren't going to have a widespread reboot issue

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    07-15-2011 12:00 PM
    i've read a threads on a few other sites and there are a lot of people reporting reboots. maybe an update will resolve
    07-15-2011 02:15 PM
    has anyone else had any inexplicable random reboots?
    07-15-2011 03:40 PM
    The only reboots Ive got were when I had sent a text, and closed the keyboard real quick. I think trying to send the text, and rotate the homescreen got to be a bit much. I did a factory reset, and havnt had a problem yet, but I havnt really tested it that hard yet.
    07-15-2011 04:01 PM
    mine have been when its sitting in my pocket not doing anything. other than searching for signal. but like i said my DINC and a friends DINC did that in the past when in my building. so i'm really hoping its the cause.

i can see how having to redraw the homescreen while trying to send a text might be an issue. but at the same time a factory reset shouldn't fix it if that was the cause. so definitely let us know.
    07-15-2011 04:06 PM
    Mine just rebooted after turning on airplane mode. It wasn't immediate. It tried disabling the radios for a good 10 seconds. Then rebooted. Anyone think replacing it is worth it? Or is it likely i'll have to wait for an update?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    07-18-2011 04:51 AM
    Mine has rebooted more than a few times for reasons I can't figure out.

It's worrisome, because the "DROID" word that it speaks is not very loud, and I'm concerned that I'll be walking around for a long time without the phone being on, and my not knowing it.
    07-18-2011 10:33 PM
    I can almost consistently get mine to reboot when the screen is off by sliding the keyboard out and then back in once with a slight pause in the extension. Also it sometimes reverts to the original wallpaper momentarily if it doesn't reboot. I think this mostly has to do with the new "blur" (that I forget the name of now) because this is the only problem I have had so far.
    07-19-2011 12:15 AM
    its horrible to hear the D3 is doing this, when i had the DX1 it would do the same thing. you'd think with 4 phones out on verizon with moto blur on it. they would fix this!
    07-20-2011 12:38 AM
    Second day I've had mine and had a random reboot after sliding the keyboard closed.
    07-21-2011 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD