FM Radio Yes or no?

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I know there is a blurb in the user guide that indicates headset use is necessary for FM Radio use, which would seem to indicate there is an FM radio; but I have yet to locate the FM Radio functionality.

Anybody made this work yet? And if so, what am I missing?

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
not sure. I have the EVO. it came with an fm radio app that completely sucked. it needed the headphones plugged in too. I dl'd tunein radio instead. it's awesome. picks up all kinds of stations, and doesn't require the headphones.

free app too

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I know there is a blurb in the user guide that indicates headset use is necessary for FM Radio use, which would seem to indicate there is an FM radio; but I have yet to locate the FM Radio functionality.

If it says so in the user guide then it must be. Check your app drawer and see if there is an FM radio.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
The reference to using a wired headset for FM radio is definitely in the owner's manual. I was a bit puzzled when I first saw it, because I've never seen anyone mention anything about the D3 having an FM tuner. I haven't noticed an FM tuner app, but maybe it has a name that isn't obvious. With all this bloatware installed, it's hard to sort through what's useful and what isn't.

-SR-

Reactions: ravenlore

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The reference to using a wired headset for FM radio is definitely in the owner's manual. I was a bit puzzled when I first saw it, because I've never seen anyone mention anything about the D3 having an FM tuner. I haven't noticed an FM tuner app, but maybe it has a name that isn't obvious. With all this bloatware installed, it's hard to sort through what's useful and what isn't.

-SR-

Exactly. The new frontpage hands-on post also references an FM radio, but the video doesn't.

(for anyone who wonders why wired headphones have to be used, i'm guessing it's because the wires become the antenna)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

If this is like the other new Motorolas, its in the music player.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Where did you see this? I just downloaded the manual, and there isn't a single mention of it.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think that was just a cut & paste error from the DX series; user guides. A shame, really, as I actually kinda liked having the FM on my DX/DX2, if only for occasional local stuff (urgent weather/traffic/ballgames).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC