Really weird launch

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't anyone else find it really odd that there aren't any reviews on tech sites or youtube? And yet we have 3 pages of threads going right now with Q&A, our opinions on the phone, tips and trips, etc.

I've never seen a launch like this before. Normally AC, CNET, and PhoneDog have their reviews up before the phone is released. Its in stores tomorrow and i can only find one review on youtube from an amateur (him not being affiliated with a tech site, not bagging his review)

I love my D3 and I don't really need to see one at this point. But when i was waiting for the phone i really wanted to see what people were saying about it.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah, but why...i mean they are review websites.
i would think that moto would want them to have the test units to drum up hype about the phone.
idk its just really odd that no one knows about the phone at verizon and best buy. and no sites are doing reviews.
its like the ghost phone.

on CNET there is no review. there is a header for the phone with some specs...on that page there is a section for user reviews. there is a user review on CNET for the D3 but CNET editors don't have a test unit...brilliant

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Who knows what goes on inside Moto and Verizon's heads these days. Everyone knew this phone was coming the specs were no secret two months ago and yet they attempt to hide the fact its coming. Sure you can scam the simpleton, but others will tell him to return the D2G and get the D3 for better longevity.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The phone is no secret at verizon stores. We are ready for launch tomorrow and we've had demo units and accessories since last week.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Don’t know if there is any correlation, but Tuesday when I went to a store to play with the D3 (they just got it in and had it behind the counter) I overheard a sales gal there showing a guy the D2G because he wanted a world phone with a keyboard…

-Suntan

mbrouill

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Think about it from the reviewers standpoint. How many phones come out in the average month? Can you always chase down every one and review them? Wouldn't you try to work it to get the most whisbang phone and review that one and if you really look at it, is the D3 really that special to others that might not like that form factor?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Think about it from the reviewers standpoint. How many phones come out in the average month? Can you always chase down every one and review them? Wouldn't you try to work it to get the most whisbang phone and review that one and if you really look at it, is the D3 really that special to others that might not like that form factor?

I have to disagree with that. Its the second dual core phone for Verizon and the most powerful phone in their lineup currently. Also, it has a slide out keyboard which makes it unique. Given the front camera for video chat and global capability, I would say it is a pretty important launch that should have gotten more publicity.

mbrouill

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have to disagree with that. Its the second dual core phone for Verizon and the most powerful phone in their lineup currently. Also, it has a slide out keyboard which makes it unique. Given the front camera for video chat and global capability, I would say it is a pretty important launch that should have gotten more publicity.

When you look at what is selling and what the general buzz is, I'm not sure D3 is that big a player. Yes, I love the dual core, keyboard etc, but the general Joe isn't waiting for that, they are waiting for that functionality on a newer and faster network. Maybe more like the Bionic? Let's see how Motorola & Verizon handle that launch...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech