Droid 3 Availability

apollyon0810

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I've had my Droid 2 Global since it came out and have generally enjoyed my experience. My dad recently was looking to replace his BB Storm, so I recommended the Droid 3. He ordered it online and has had it for a couple days, but is an android newbie and has no idea how to make the phone his own (customize).

So first off, why not order the phone online? You could already have it... Haha... I came to this forum looking for ways to save battery and/or known issues with the phone, but poking around popular forums made it apparent that almost nobody had this phone yet. Oh well. My father says the battery life is terrible! We need root and a way to get rid of Blur/bloatware...

Oh well. I guess I'll keep checkin back until these D3's get into the hands of some devs.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing a lot of mixed reviews on battery life for this phone. Some claim its ok, some say its bad. Knowing how easily a single app can affect it, I can only toss it up to the individual users use patterns. For me, the first thing I do when I get a new device, is I search out all the energy saving features settings and adjust them for maximum battery life as I don't like to have to charge on the go.

I know that the current theme is to pour out feature rich phones at the cost of battery life, but I find it difficult to see how this phone would have terrible battery life as the usual suspect seems to be LTE which is not present.

Additionally, I've also found that turning screen brightness and backlight timers down on just about every phone I've ever owned has been a major factor, although I cannot claim this for android devices yet as I haven't owned one.

*My phone is arriving today, so I'll post some battery info after I've used it for a few days over the weekend. There should be plenty of people with this device that should be able to chime in. It's been out for a week already.

mbrouill

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I've had my Droid 2 Global since it came out and have generally enjoyed my experience. My dad recently was looking to replace his BB Storm, so I recommended the Droid 3. He ordered it online and has had it for a couple days, but is an android newbie and has no idea how to make the phone his own (customize).

So first off, why not order the phone online? You could already have it... Haha... I came to this forum looking for ways to save battery and/or known issues with the phone, but poking around popular forums made it apparent that almost nobody had this phone yet. Oh well. My father says the battery life is terrible! We need root and a way to get rid of Blur/bloatware...

Oh well. I guess I'll keep checkin back until these D3's get into the hands of some devs.

I've been talking about my D3 for days as I got mine Monday. I also carry a D2G for work and love the D3 more so far. Battery life has been addressed here as you should turn off a couple things you don't need.

Is it you or is it your Dad who is talking about rooting? Unless he's a techie that likes playing "under the hood" you don't need to. My 17 year old wants to hack anything he can, but usually causes more problems and come to techie Dad to fix them for him. Also, remember, if you hack it, you void the Verizon warrantee...

If your dad wants to get rid of the bloatware, get launcher pro or some tool like it and use it to hide all the Verizon junk.

Mike B
Ex BB user who has come over to the Droid side...

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing a lot of mixed reviews on battery life for this phone. Some claim its ok, some say its bad.

This is the same *for every* smartphone out there.

Responses from the first week of availability are based on people that just get it, spend a day or two playing with it continually, before the battery has broken in and becomes capable of taking a full charge, and then people say it doesn’t have a very long battery life.

Not saying the D3’s battery is good or bad, just saying that if you want to get a general consensus of the battery performance, you have to wait at least a good 3 weeks before polling users about their battery life.

-Suntan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12